• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

is it cfs or lyme disease?

BFG

Hey guys,

Im trying to find out if you guys with diagnosed lyme disease have the same lab markers as a lot of the cfs

patients.

Im trying to figure out if my problem is viral or lyme bacterial or both.

Have you guys with diagnosed lyme had these markers tested and if so do you mind sharing your results?

Low Nk cell function?

Elevated Lactic acid?

Igg 1 or 3 subclass deficiency?

Low cd4 high cd8

Low cd4/ cd8 ratio?

High neutrophil and low monocyte count?

All these markers are abnormal for me and im wondering if it is commonly seen in lyme patients.

And if you have lyme disease has treatment helped your condition or were you better off before treatment.

Thanks.

lizw118

Hello BFG,
I have been diagnosed with Lyme and I have high d-lactic acid in my urine (a marker of sibo) and lowish IgG (although not sure which). I haven't been tested for any of the other stuff. I also have hashimoto's thyroiditis and pernicious anemia. What kinds of symptoms do you have?
Liz

Martial

Aside from a positive Lyme test there isn't much markers that are proven to show a specific underlying disease process of these conditions. Best to just treat with what your intuition says.