• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Is It Anxiety or Orthostatic Intolerance?" (2011) - on how anxiety questions can be problematic

Dolphin

"Is It Anxiety or Orthostatic Intolerance?"
http://solvecfs.org/is-it-anxiety-or-oi/

I have occasionally read pieces highlighting how some questions on depression questionnaires can have problems in ME/CFS as they ask about symptoms of ME/CFS e.g. fatigue, sleep problems, etc.

This article is on how questionnaires for anxiety, which I have read less about.

It focuses on orthostatic intolerance more than ME/CFS, but many people have both anyway.

It's partly based on:
Raj V, Haman KL, Raj SR, Byrne D, Blakely RD, Biaggioni I, Robertson D, Shelton RC. “Psychiatric profile and attention deficits in postural tachycardia syndrome.” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.2009;80;339-344.