• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it a new disease or its CFS ?

Ok Urraco, here there is an action plan for you, and it's customized just for you:

Start testing for hiv every three months. Collect your negative results and despite them, don't believe it. Do that for at least 10 years, when you have reached the record of 40 negative results and have ruined your life over a disease you don't have maybe, and please notice that i say maybe, you could start considering that it's not hiv, the regular one, or any of the other very rare strains. Meanwhile, you could chip in to pay for the psychiatrist of all those who you are encouraging to fear about hiv.

Thank you.

And I agree with you about hiv, It´s just that is difficult don´t become paranoic suffering this.

Thanks for your comprehemsion.

Survivor84

Ok so this is the email response from prof. nicolson to an email I sent today, I asked about people with Non HIV aids conditions, people that have the infections of those with HIV, but are HIV negative. I was pretty pleased with the response, also he attached some treatments.

When patients present with an AIDS-like condition but without evidence of
HIV infection, we usually look for pathogenic intracellular bacterial
infections that are cofactors with HIV-1 and may cause most of the signs
and symptoms associated with HIV-1 infection. An example, Mycoplasma
fermentans or Mycoplasma penetrans. These infections are commonly found
in AIDS patients (with or without HIV infection).

I have attached some information on treatment of Mycoplasma infections and
their role in chronic illnesses.

Prof. Emeritus Garth Nicolson

If anybody knows about these type of infections, please feel free to provide some in formation. What do you guys think? Could it be such a thing, I wonder, its sounds too easy...but who knows

Second part of my email
My Questions:Are these type of infections transmittable? Can the treatments clear them for good? And if they are present could there be an underlying condition that may still be transmittable, other conditions aside from HIV? thank you again,that is all I would like to know.

Yes, they are transmittable, usually by airborne or fluid-borne
transmission or by insect bite. Treatments can suppress them, but not
totally destroy them. Some residual microorganisms will survive any
treatment, and thus you have to remain healthy with a good immune system
to avoid future relapses. HIV-1 virus is not an airborne or insect
infection--it can only be transmitted by fluid transfer (usually sexual
contact).

Ron, actually I believe this is similar but not the same than hiv. I have had just a few sexual partners, all women, most of them were my girlfriends and other casuals encounters, I could suspect about just one of them. Second, my last risk was using condom and was too short, the problem is that I was drunk and there are crazy people wanting to cause damage to others, you never know, but, I had a lot of negative test of antibodies and indetectable PCR, so I had to asume that this is not about hiv, specially thinking that there´s not cases of rare strains of hiv in southamerica (I´m from there). Finally, I have to say that this is not my first time dealing with strange symptoms after sexual encounters, I had one before with my ex girlfriend, after that I have some chronics symptoms like diarrheas, dry mouth, white tongue, dry eyes, etc. And last time 3 weeks after having sex with some unknow girl I had exactly the same symptoms than ARS, and I steel have some chronics issues, but again, I dont think this is about hiv, my elisas show that, my CD4 are in normal range and theres no antibodies, no antigen and no evidence of virus in my blood with the PCR. So, I believe this is something else, some other virus or bacteria and I specially believe that for some reason we are more susceptible than normal people and existing so many virus out there, they can havoc our body easily.

Ok so this is the email response from prof. nicolson to an email I sent today, I asked about people with Non HIV aids conditions, people that have the infections of those with HIV, but are HIV negative. I was pretty pleased with the response, also he attached some treatments.

If anybody knows about these type of infections, please feel free to provide some in formation. What do you guys think? Could it be such a thing, I wonder, its sounds too easy...but who knows

Always presenting useful topics, this is the kind of information we need.
Thanks for share this.

Urraco, i sent you a reply. I'm glad it was only a misunderstanding and no hard fellings about it :)

About Mycoplasma, in my case and with my symptoms is warranted to test. I had a ear infection, and many other symptoms that could be related to mycoplasma. So, even though my infectologist told me not to, i'm going to test anyway. I will let you know the results.

By the way, still waiting for my autoinmunity results :( very scared...

Hello, just found this site from another friend

So my sad story i received oral then 2 - 3 weeks later went thru flu like symptoms.
Ended up testing for everything, have multiple negative tests after 3 months

I was convinced it was hiv, but... Now I am convinced it is some thing else that is "acquired"

So far my symptoms are relatively minor compared to some but they do fluctuate.

Now I am like many here trying to figure out what this is and what the long term issues might be. Many of my symptoms sound like CFS - and I am hoping to learn more and figure out if we can identify the root cause and work to find an effective treatment.

As for me - I have not had an appetite for 3 months now. And this symptom came on suddenly after 2 months of exposure. Other remaining symptoms are weird shooting pains, ED, some trouble breathing and chest pains, some tiredness and headache.
Luckily I am probably about 85 to 95 % now but just curious to know if it will progress, or cause other issues.
After facing the hiv potential I feel like I can deal with anything -

Anyway - hello to the forum and I wish you all well.

Survivor84

Hey Wyoming I see you made your way over here. Glad to have you aboard. I got kicked off medhelp
Good luck.

Hello, welcome
I have seen your posts on ehealth forum . And invite other friends from that forum.
We need to unite over here, more people means louder voice for our problem .
And read the previous pages,that will answer your queries .

Hello, just found this site from another friend

So my sad story i received oral then 2 - 3 weeks later went thru flu like symptoms.
Ended up testing for everything, have multiple negative tests after 3 months

I was convinced it was hiv, but... Now I am convinced it is some thing else that is "acquired"

So far my symptoms are relatively minor compared to some but they do fluctuate.

Now I am like many here trying to figure out what this is and what the long term issues might be. Many of my symptoms sound like CFS - and I am hoping to learn more and figure out if we can identify the root cause and work to find an effective treatment.

As for me - I have not had an appetite for 3 months now. And this symptom came on suddenly after 2 months of exposure. Other remaining symptoms are weird shooting pains, ED, some trouble breathing and chest pains, some tiredness and headache.
Luckily I am probably about 85 to 95 % now but just curious to know if it will progress, or cause other issues.
After facing the hiv potential I feel like I can deal with anything -

Anyway - hello to the forum and I wish you all well.

I have stated in earlier posts ......that this pathogen might be COFACTOR of AIDS ,most probably
A NEW MYCOPLASMA OR A NEW HERPES VIRUS.

Good information by Teedot. I guess we need to approach someone like prof. Nilcholson ??

Your symptoms do match with mine. How long its going on ??
Anyone of your friend or family members,have some of these symptoms ??

Let's unite ,bring in more people . And we will reach a solution

Ron, actually I believe this is similar but not the same than hiv. I have had just a few sexual partners, all women, most of them were my girlfriends and other casuals encounters, I could suspect about just one of them. Second, my last risk was using condom and was too short, the problem is that I was drunk and there are crazy people wanting to cause damage to others, you never know, but, I had a lot of negative test of antibodies and indetectable PCR, so I had to asume that this is not about hiv, specially thinking that there´s not cases of rare strains of hiv in southamerica (I´m from there). Finally, I have to say that this is not my first time dealing with strange symptoms after sexual encounters, I had one before with my ex girlfriend, after that I have some chronics symptoms like diarrheas, dry mouth, white tongue, dry eyes, etc. And last time 3 weeks after having sex with some unknow girl I had exactly the same symptoms than ARS, and I steel have some chronics issues, but again, I dont think this is about hiv, my elisas show that, my CD4 are in normal range and theres no antibodies, no antigen and no evidence of virus in my blood with the PCR. So, I believe this is something else, some other virus or bacteria and I specially believe that for some reason we are more susceptible than normal people and existing so many virus out there, they can havoc our body easily.

I am at about 5 months. Or about 4 months with symptoms.

Yes I think I did give what ever this is to one person by accident. At first I tested for all the normal stds etc, then dr said I was fine and it was the pre-emptive antibiotics I took or anxiety. More than one told me that. Then at about 6 weeks I got really scared it was hiv, even though everyone said I could not have gotten it that way. So I tested and tested until I ruled out that.

Anyway... Negative CMV, parvo, Ana, west Nile, Lyme, normal cbc, sedimentation, etc.

Willing and able to test more as soon as dr will refer me to an infectious disease dr. I would go myself but they will not take me without te referral.

I am at about 5 months. Or about 4 months with symptoms.

Yes I think I did give what ever this is to one person by accident. At first I tested for all the normal stds etc, then dr said I was fine and it was the pre-emptive antibiotics I took or anxiety. More than one told me that. Then at about 6 weeks I got really scared it was hiv, even though everyone said I could not have gotten it that way. So I tested and tested until I ruled out that.

Anyway... Negative CMV, parvo, Ana, west Nile, Lyme, normal cbc, sedimentation, etc.

Willing and able to test more as soon as dr will refer me to an infectious disease dr. I would go myself but they will not take me without te referral.

Do test for Mycoplasma and HHV4,HHV6,HHV8 if possible .
And what are the symptoms(if any ) among the people,u have casual contact with .??

In case of Mycoplasma infection .... Would there be increase in IgE antibodies ....like hyper IgE ?? As it is a parasitic bacteria ??
Anyone here, have any idea ?????