Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is Inositol a remedy for kidney stones?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Peyt, May 20, 2017.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know if Inositol is a remedy for kidney stones?
    Thanks

2. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

IP-6 (inositol hexaphosphate) can supposedly help prevent stone formation. I've been taking it, along with lysine and boron, and haven't passed a stone since, though it could be a total coincidence.

3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

There's no one size fits all remedy for treating or preventing kidney stones. There are so many factors such as the kind of stone, the size, where it's located, your diet, family history, etc. etc. You might need blood and imaging tests.

Are you seeing a urologist?

Here's a hellpful link.

http://kidneystones.uchicago.edu/kidney-stone-disease/

Good luck!

4. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

The reason I ask is I recently started a Inositol supplement and after about 1 week I started getting super dry mouth and a headache... I know what my usual headaches feel like, and this headache along with dry mouth (to the point that I kept drinking water and it was still dry) was different, and it reminded me of my 2 kidney stone attacks 10 years ago in which I got the same symptoms first (Dry mouth and headache) before passing the stones a day later... This was a milder version though... I immediately stopped the supplement and the headache and dry mouth went away within a day... now I am curious if it was the Inositol that perhaps made the stone(s) move??

5. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I don't know if I have kidney stones, but what I have is "calcificactions" on my kidneys (and also one in my right adrenal gland, but that's another story), that show up on a CAT scan that I took a week ago. Any clue as to what could they be? The doctor that orderede the CAT says that they┬┤re "nothing"... as usual

See more popular forum discussions.