Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is inosine available in Europe?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by SOC, Dec 24, 2013.

1. SOC

SOC

My daughter went off to Lisbon without her inosine, which is not good since her EBV and HHV6 titres are climbing. She hasn't found inosine in the stores there, yet. Is inosine available in Europe, or is she wasting her time looking?

She will be in the Brussels area in a week, so could look there too. Any suggestions for a good place to buy less common supplements in Lisbon or Brussels?

2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    She can probably buy immunovir over the counter there and very cheap. If she can she should buy up big so she can bring some home.

3. SOC

SOC

Oooh, good idea! Thanks!

heapsreal likes this.
  4. Tito

Tito Senior Member

Yes ISOPRINOSINE is available in Brussels, but I think you'll need a prescription.

SOC likes this.
  5. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

South East England, UK
    Does anybody know if we can get it in the UK or even if Dr Myhill can presribe it can we actually get it? I got mine from Breakspear but they wouldn't give it to me again because its over 18 months since I last saw them. Don't particularly want to go all that way and to that extra expense to see Dr Munro because I don't feel she has much to offer apart from what I do. At least at the moment that is how it seems to me.

Thanks and I hope everybody is having a good day.

Pam

SOC likes this.
  6. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    i do remember hearing from soneone in france who said they just buy it over the counter for like $7 for 50 tabs, worth a day drip over to paris maybe??

SOC likes this.
  7. SOC

SOC

Thanks, everybody! I'm passing all this info on to my daughter and hoping she finds some soon. It's not the end of the world if she doesn't. :)

8. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

South East England, UK
    I wish I knew somebody in France who could ship it to me here in the UK? (Maybe wishful thinking)!

Pam

9. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Can buy It from brandmedicines.com but its called isoprinosine $45 for 500mg x 50. No prescription required.

10. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    @SOC worse case, she can do her resting period before hand. (The month off) and just start again her 6month period when she comes back. Some plp get the resting period every 3 or 4 months so if she is close she can might be able to do that too???

11. SOC

SOC

It looks like she may end up doing exactly that. She'll be back within a month, so she won't be without it that long. We'd have preferred to wait on the resting period since her EBV and HHV6 titres are climbing, but it is what it is. Life is never easy or straightforward with this illness, so this is just another (relatively small) bump in the road.

12. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Can you just FedEx some inosine to her next hotel and have them hold it for her until she arrives?

13. SOC

SOC

I've been told that's a bad idea for meds and supplements. I don't know for sure if that's true though.. I suppose it depends on whether customs looks into the box. ;)

14. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    iherb will get it there in a couple of days

15. SOC

SOC

Well, heck! I'll ship some there from iherb. Thanks!

16. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

South East England, UK
    I have had to restart Immunovir because of having 2 viruses on top of each other giving me very bad symptoms and this is on top of having 5 Herpes type viruses well over the range in last year's blood tests. Is inosine as good as Immunovir does anybody know?

Thanks
    Pam

See more popular forum discussions.