• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is Genital Candida related to Candida in the gut?

Folk

So I've been dealing with most of the candida symptoms (most of B12 deficiency too so who knows...)

Crazy food sensitivities;
Bloating and gas with stomach pain;
Brainfog (wich I never had before except when on cymbalta);
Hard time concentrating;
Irritability;
Mood swings;
Tired;
Something like athlete’s foot (wich I have for years but anyway)

And from a lot of time I've been having something like genital candida, wich disapear after one day with some med but then comes back after a while. It did disapear for a while... more than two months and when this symptoms ocurred it happened again.. So I'm guessing I was always on the limb of outbreaking candida and now everything exploded.

Could that be it?

IreneF

When you have genital candida, you don't have all those other symptoms. I don't know what it's like for men, but women get intense itching and "cottage cheese" discharge that may smell yeasty. One way to prevent it is to stop wearing underwear and just wear a long skirt.

Of course, whatever is bothering you may not be candida at all.

Tammy

The one way you will find out for sure is to trial an anti-fungal regime. (anti-fungals by mouth, enzymes, probiotics, diet, etc.) I do believe that fungal skin problems are a by-product of gut candida. A good site you might want to check out is yeastinfectionadvisor.com

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
You can try experiments: take a lot of sugar and see if you get a ton of gas. Or take a 1/4 teaspoon of clove powder in water and see if you get die off reactions.

end

I get similar symptoms, especially the man bits affected, however no discharge. I find they correlate with my GI symptoms, also less visible when on antifungals, I think the GUT candida "feeds" the genital infection. I also have the weird "skin type athlete's foot" infection that comes and go's. I am still Candida IgG positive, despite months of terbinafine tablet use.

On diflucan nilstat amphotericin and enzymes atm