• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is Fibromyalgia Caused by ‘Cold Sore’ Virus? Researchers Bet It Is

Regarding herpes family eradication/suppression in this study:

I have been trying to take the MAF 878 (not injection, yogurt like liquid) and noticed that when I up the dose I get really weak in the legs - I think people call it molasses fatigue. Anyway, I wonder if the weakness that Ukxmrv pointed out with Valtrex is a symptom of bug/herpes eradication/killing?

I wish we could talk to some of the people that improved in this study to determine the sequence of events and whether the treatment was difficult to stay on.

It is so limiting to try potential helpful therapies and get worse for trying. I hope some day the help/cure is painless...I can dream, right? I really need to today as i am running low on hope, sadly.

God Bless,

Elisabeth

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I am fairly sure there is a herb that is very toxic to herpes viruses, but I can't recall the details - which may mean I am misremembering. Lysine works to some extent, as does reducing the intake of high arginine foods. Bye, Alex

When I used to get cold sore about 8 years ago before I got this freakin disease and now I have not had a cold sore since then, when it used to to be 2 or 3 a year at the most.

When it did get them and as soon as I felt that tingle on my lips it was 1000mg of Lysine 2x a day for about 3 or 4 days. I would also buy "Curasore" from behind the counter, but all that was in it is "ether". Start putting that on 2 to 2 times a day and after 4 days the cold sore would barely become visible on day 2, but everything gone by day 4. Without this regime they would be around for a week or 10 days.

There also new products at in the last 8 years that probably work very well.