Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is colon cleansing adviced before the liver cleansing?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by jason30, Sep 13, 2015.

1. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Hi all,

I am gonna do a liver cleansing soon and I wonder if a colon cleansing/colonic irrigation is adviced?
    Due multiple chemical sensitivity and leaky gut I wonder if colon cleansing is not doing any harm. I have read that colon cleansing could confuse the intestinal flora.
    Are there any experiences with colon cleansing/colonic irrigation before a liver cleansing?

Thanks in advance!

2. Calathea

Calathea Senior Member

Liver cleanses are a scam. Google anything you hear about that's recommended and isn't mainstream medicine with the word "scam" and check. (If it's mainstream medicine, you're still going to be googling it, just with different search terms.) I happen to aware of this one because I had a lot of people pushing it when I had gallstones.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Hmm I don't know, maybe there is no evidence for it but I have read so many succesfull stories from people that did liver cleansing, and also meet 2 persons where the liver flushes worked for them. Their health improved tremendously.
    There is no scam in their succesfull stories. The olive oil industry is not pushing liver flushes, neither are lemon or grapefruit farmers, or even epsom salt manufacturers. I get interested because of the personal experiences and not by the pushing strategies from company's.

douglasmich and South like this.
  4. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Yes, colon cleaning is needed before liver cleansing because your liver dumps it's toxins into your colon. If it's backed up and you do a liver cleanse it will only clog up your liver further.

I do vitamin c flushes once or twice a week to flush toxins, and it works, but I'm also looking for a good colon cleanse now to get all the "gunk" out. Have you had any luck finding one?

jason30 likes this.
  5. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    i've had fantastic results w/ coffee enemas, to both cleanse colon and detox liver. I'm no longer needed them frequently, but last year, they helped me a lot. I wrote about my experiences, w/ some references, link in my sig. Some adrenal experts swear by them.

jason30 likes this.
  6. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Thanks Aerose and Ahmo.Sorry for my late reaction. :bang-head:

I will look into the coffee enema, that looks promosing.

Can you tell me more about the vitamin c flush? How do you do that?

Have you heard about oxy powder? I have read positive reviews on forums about oxy powder.

See more popular forum discussions.