Dr. Bateman answers IOM questions from the community: Part 1
Clark Ellis brings us Part 1 of an interview with Dr. Lucinda Bateman, where she answered questions posed by the patient community ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is anyone re-testing methylation panel ?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by vortex, Jul 18, 2014.

1. vortex

vortex

I have been on methylation protocol for about a year.

Is anyone rechecking their methylation panel through vitamin diagnostics ?

If so, can anyone post their changes or what they noticed.

I am wondering how long I should wait to re-test and see what is happening.

I am curious but I also dont want to test too early if it just needs more time for the levels to change.

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I have a baseline one from three or four years ago, but haven't retested. Been thinking about it, but there are other tests I need to do first.

In his study, Rich tested every three months. I would think a year would be sufficient to show changes or to show that whatever you're doing is not working (hope not!) :)

vortex likes this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @vortex

I retested after a year and the tests came out about 50% better--sorry, I don't have my test results handy.

Sushi

vortex likes this.
  4. vortex

vortex

interesting, thanks for the feedback everyone. By the way, how much are you taking @Sushi ?

I started taking 400-800mcg dose, but have been on 5,000mcg per day for a month now. I am actually starting to feel some difference now on this dose. I feel very calm now when I take a dose and have been starting to dream for the first time in years. Hopefully that should show some meaningful results.

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    My testing was years ago. Since then I have been following a modified program (Rich said I was getting the essentials and to stick with it:)). I get folate both from ActiFolate and from VSL-3, and I inject hydroxy.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.