The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is anyone here using MitoSynergy copper?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by tango, Sep 13, 2016.

1. tango

tango Senior Member

New Zealand
    I'm seeing a lot of people in my Facebook groups who are raving about the MitoSynergy copper. A lot of them have high copper and claim that this helps normalize copper even for people with high copper:zinc ratio.

I'm curious to know if this is the real deal - especially if you are someone with a high copper:zinc ratio. It sounds too good to be true... Is it?

Links
    https://mitosynergy.com/
    Video: https://mitosynergy.com/information/copper/

Lecture:

Theodore likes this.
  2. AlmostEasy

AlmostEasy

I used it to no avail but I have also heard good things. May just not have been my problem area.

They offer free samples if you e-mail them your address. I e-mailed them twice and they never responded and finally I just said hey could you mail me a sample of a product here's my address and it just showed up one day. I guess they ship once a month for the free samples so it could take a bit.

tango likes this.
  3. tango

tango Senior Member

New Zealand
    I'm in New Zealand so I'm not sure if they ship samples here but I will give it a go. I'm pretty sceptical but I want to get better and a few people have been raving about feeling better!

4. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

I use it from time to time. It does seem to help with "mood" in a way that taking regular copper doesn't, but in my limited experience, if I take too much I get insomnia and symptoms that might be zinc deficiency (diarrhea, for me). But it does help me want to be more social, as well as increases my ability to appreciate art.

I thought it was mainly marketed for Lymes Disease?

5. tango

tango Senior Member

New Zealand
    They are now saying
    1. Everyone has Lyme disease - hence my scepticism
    2. The good copper replaces the bad in the cells making it function better

The loooooong video explains it. I got tired of watching it so I don't think I fully understood it all

keenly likes this.
  6. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    My experience is that Mito Synergy's customer service is pretty poor. Sending them an email is like sending an email into a black hole.

7. tango

tango Senior Member

New Zealand
    We can agree on that!

I decided not to use MitoSynergy (or "proper copper" as they like to call it) as it seems a small number of people improve but others become angry and agitated. I didn't want to take the risk! It's also very pricey for what is basically copper with some niacin and vitamin C added to it. I've heard colloidal copper works just as well and is cheaper...

I also got put off because the people pushing it in groups are so aggressive and convinced it's right for everyone. There's no such thing as one pill that works for everything. It's not a panacea

Violeta likes this.
  8. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    I have low ceruloplasmin, and other copper supplements aren't effective at raising it (I tried). It's the only one that seems to have any evidence it can raise ceruloplasmin.

I didn't notice any reports of it causing agitation or anger?

9. tango

tango Senior Member

New Zealand
    Yep, there are plenty of reports on the Facebook groups I belong to (although the owner of the copper removes negative feedback from his Facebook group). The owner of the copper is saying it's a detox reaction.

Copper is essential, it's just a matter of not overdoing it because that definitely causes agitation and overhypes you.

Have you tried colloidal copper @hixxy ???
    I am thinking of trying that and interested in feedback. I've seen great things on that online.

10. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    Yes. No success making ceruloplasmin go up with colloidal or ionic.

See more popular forum discussions.