• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is anyone going to the NYC 11/20 talks?

maddietod

I'd like to go, but am unfamiliar with that part of Manhattan. Can anyone tell me where to stay? Anyone looking for a roommate?

Thanks -

Madie

This talk:

Mount Sinai ME/CFS Research Center Meeting for patients and doctors

Sunday Nov 20, 2011 from 11am to 2pm

Mount Sinai Medical Center Research Building lcahn Institute 1425 Madison Avenue (98th St) New York, NY 10029

http://www.enlander.com/conference.html

I don't think there are many hotels up there. Above about 100th is Spanish Harlem which is still a little sketchy. You would probably have to stay in midtown east (W, Waldorf). If you stay somewhere near Grand Central, then you can pick up the 4 & 5 train to 86th and get up there pretty quickly. There are some more affordable hotels in NJ near the ferries and PATH trains. Since you are going in on the weekend traffic is less of an issue and you can stay in some of the decent hotels near the North Bergen park and ride (which are even less $$) and take the bus into Port Authority.

maddietod

Satori, thanks very much for these ideas.

I'm going to say at the Cosmopolitan Hotel (in Tribeca), which is right across the street from where I used to live. It's much cheaper than the uptown hotels, and I know my way around down there. All the subway lines converge there, so it's a long ride up to 98th, but it's a pretty straight shot. If I get too involved in new places and multiple transfers (NJ), I'll get tired.

Added bonus, I'm going to stay 2 nights and visit all my favorite places downtown.

I haven't booked a room yet. If anybody wants to share, one night or two, I'll get a double.

Madie

SOC

So glad you're going, madie! I would love to go, but it's definitely not in the cards for me at this time. I hope have a fun visit to your old haunts and still have energy to report back to us the highlights of the conference. :hug:

Daffodil

last time i was in NYC, i stayed at the Yotel...great hotel, not as expensive as the others.

i wonder if there will be anything new announced at the conference...

if anyone would like to ask a question, i'd love to know whether the NK cell function rose (and by how much) after GcMAF therapy.

maddietod

Thanks for the suggestions!

The Cosmopolitan is a lot cheaper - $512 for 3 nights, including taxes. I figure if I go on Friday and rest from the trip, I can visit with my Brooklyn daughter on Saturday, and not be all tired out on Sunday! Travel again on Monday.........sounds like a vacation!

As far as your question, Daffodil - I don't know anything about GcMAF therapy, but I will listen for information about NK cell function. I will ask if I can figure out a way to do it without sounding like a complete idiot.

anne_likes_red

I think Rich is going :))

And Madie I hope you have a great time!
(Too far for me to go obviously, but I'll be watching the video as soon as it's available.)