1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Irmat vs. Gideon Pharmacy for Low Dose Naltrexone in NYC?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by yussdov, Mar 16, 2010.

1. yussdov

yussdov Guest

anybody have any experience with these two pharmacies? both are endorsed on the LDN webpage, but irmat is $38/month and gideon is $15/month. wondering if there is really a difference.

ideas or experience to share on this matte would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. Diva55

Diva55 Member

UK
    I have no experience of these 2 pharmacies as I'm in the UK. I think the pricing depends on how much LDN the pharmacy is turning over. The more they turn over the lower the cost.

For example in the UK I was quoted as a cost to our health service 300 per month from a pharmacist who I think would only compound it for me. But getting it from Dickson's Pharmacy where they dispense all over the world the cost is 15 per month for the liquid. So a huge difference in price dependant on their turnover of LDN.

It could also be a difference in LDN formulation. The liquid is cheaper than the capsules - capsules at Dickson's are 27 per month. They may also compound at different doses and therefore their prices could be different.

So worth contacting them and asking their pricing structure for the liquid & capsules.

3. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    Dr. Bihari wanted me to get it from Irmat as opposed to a cheaper place. (I'm not currently on it. When I was my nk function went from 10 to 21).

4. yussdov

yussdov Guest

do you know why bihari preferred irmat?

5. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    no. that was it. you could try cheap one then try other one.

6. leaves

leaves Senior Member

I just ordered at Gideon's; I figured that should be fine

7. Diva55

Diva55 Member

UK
    Hi
    I had a look at http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/index.htm#How_can_I_obtain_LDN
    and this is what they say about the 2 pharmacies:

So the difference appears to be that Gideon although cheaper for LDN charge shipping and don't accept insurance. Also Irmat do montlhy quality control although it doesn't state what that entails.

See more popular forum discussions.