1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Iowa nursing home 'dumps' ailing veteran without care

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by leela, Feb 2, 2014.

1. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    No charges were filed in this case. Meanwhile, people who *don't* need to be in the hospital are being held in psych wards against their and their family's will.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/28/iowa-navy-veteran-abandoned/4960353/

Excerpt:
    Little Bluestem and Ren like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Does that sound familiar?
    Valentijn likes this.
  3. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    *sigh*
  4. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    Sad thing is that if he's showing signs of disorganized thinking, is incoherent and illogical ... then obviously he's totally capable of caring for himself and being able to file for medicaid. They said he wasn't willing, but was he unwilling because it was difficult and overwhelming?

Sad story.
    Valentijn, Nielk and Little Bluestem like this.
  5. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Indeed. And was it not the facility's responsibility, since he was showing these signs, to do whatever it took to help him make it happen, rather than randomly abandon him? Seriously criminal/stupid/immoral.

See more popular forum discussions.