• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Iodine supplementation

Jigsaw

I went looking for a transcript of that interview and stumbled upon an interesting interview with Lynne Farrow.
Thanks, Pat.

Falling asleep, so will look at that tomorrow.

I found another book.

I don't think it's the most enlightening, but when I finish skimming it,if it's worth it, I'll put a link up.

No luck finding you a transcript yet :(

Jigsaw

I went looking for a transcript of that interview and stumbled upon an interesting interview with Lynne Farrow.
Hi Pat,

Have just started reading that interview. She touches on the breast cancer stuff in her book:
http://alaalsayid.com/ebooks/The_Iodine_Crisis.pdf

I had the same sort of experience as she did, except I just did everything I was told. I asked all the right questions, but they lied. When I found out they'd lied, I called them out, and they said it was "Gradual Disclosure", that they aren't allowed to tell you the ansers to everything you ask, for fear of overwhelming you.
Pfft.

Last edited:

Jigsaw

By the way, how do you embed a link inside other text, like you've done with "interesting interview"?

Jigsaw

No, sorry. I know I'm being dim, but if I highlight (select) text on this (iPad) it insists I choose one of the options it shows, none of which are anything to do with links.

If I click the link button and paste the link in there, it insertsit in the same format as I can do just by cooy pasting the lnk straight into the message. Sigh.

Last edited:

pamojja

If you hover over the formating-symbols above the textarea, it tells in a bubble. To 'Link' is the 7th button from the left.

Jigsaw

If you hover over the formating-symbols above the textarea, it tells in a bubble. To 'Link' is the 7th button from the left.
Yep, got that, but I can only select text by highlighting it, and the iOS options seem to preclude me hitting the link button. To do that, I have to de-select the text.

I'm sure there's a way round it, but I'm being too dozy to work it out.

pamojja

I'm sure there's a way round it, but I'm being too dozy to work it out.

Not on iOS. However, I guess you still could only click the link button to enter the link. After which it appears as pasted. If you now just add your chosen text within the blue highlighted link text, and delete the rest - you also get what you want, though a bid complicated.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
When I found out they'd lied, I called them out, and they said it was "Gradual Disclosure", that they aren't allowed to tell you the ansers to everything you ask, for fear of overwhelming you.

'Gradual disclosure' is still lying. I've read stories from people who can't properly digest food anymore because of chemo. Their doctors didn't tell them about the potential miserable side effects.

I like her story about using 'Get my clothes' as leverage to get her way with doctors who saw their profits disappearing if she left without any treatment. And what she said was interesting about removing lymph nodes being a standard practice that doesn't extend life span but can lead to lymphedema.

By the way, how do you embed a link inside other text, like you've done with "interesting interview"?

I use BB Code which is special text (called markup) that you can add to make things happen in your message such as making text bold ([b]bold[/b]) and italic ([i]italic[/i]). The markup is processed by the forum software instead of being displayed (unless writing an example message like this one). To embed a link I use [url=http://websiteurl.com]The text to be linked,[/url]

Thanks for the link to Lynne Farrow's book PDF but I'll buy the Kindle version so I can support her work.

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
I took lots of iodine for several years, then tapered down to a lower dose, after it seemed much was resolved. Then, I took very little, almost none, for several months, and found I missed the nice daily lift that just a little iodine gives. Am currently on 1 - 3 drops of J. Crow's 2% Lugol's Solution, five days a week. I've had times when it felt as though I had an infection and would just take more iodine. That has worked, often. Other times I've added Golden Seal, and Vitamins A and D. I took Iodoral tablets at first, but they have some excipients I didn't want. Dr. Ron's iodine capsules were really nice, but expensive. I felt really good with those.

J. Crow's was the least expensive option I came across, and it works alright for me.