• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

INVITATION: PATIENT INPUT ON CANADIAN ORPHAN DRUG FRAMEWORK

parvofighter

INVITATION FOR PATIENTS TO GIVE FEEDBACK ON THE

CANADIAN ORPHAN DRAFT DRUG FRAMEWORK PROPOSED BY HEALTH CANADA!

This info is being re-posted with permission from the Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders.

"Dear Friends,

We are hoping that you would be willing to provide feedback on the Canadian Orphan Drug Draft Framework proposed by Health Canada. Your input is extremely valuable, if you could take a few moments to complete a short survey we would certainly appreciate it.

To access the online survey, please click on the link below.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N9P5XGT

To access the Orphan Drug Draft Framework document, please click on the link below.
http://www.raredisorders.ca/documents/RegulatoryFrameworkDraft.Dec2012copy.pdf

Thank you.

Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders
151 Bloor St W, Suite 600
Toronto, ON M5S 1S4
T: (416) 969-7464
F: (416) 969-7420
E: info@raredisorders.ca

parvofighter

Canadian patients - here's your chance to shape the draft ORPHAN DRAFT DRUG FRAMEWORK PROPOSED BY HEALTH CANADA!

(BUMP) :thumbsup:

Firestormm

Canadian patients - here's your chance to shape the draft ORPHAN DRAFT DRUG FRAMEWORK PROPOSED BY HEALTH CANADA!

(BUMP) :thumbsup:

Hi Parvo - can I ask what it is please? Thanks. It's rather a heavy pdf. file and I am interested. A short summation would suffice. Not Canadian (obviously) but you might get some more interest with an explanation from those who are? :thumbsup:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It looks like it's for 'rare' diseases defined as affecting 1 in 2,000 of the population or fewer - presumably that's us out, then, but maybe of general interest to Canadian patients?