• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Invest in ME invite Collins and Nath (NIH) to 2016 Research Colloquium

Sasha

Fine, thank you
...but they can't make it, is the upshot:

IiME said:
[...]

We have offered to make space for an NIH presence at the BRMEC6 Colloquium and we hope that this can lead to solid foundations of research being built which will benefit all people with ME and their families.

Both Dr Collins and Dr Nath have very kindly replied.

Although interested and willing to attend they both, however, have very busy schedules and workload – not helped by the increasing urgency of the Zika virus workload which has added further to their responsibilities.

We completely understand this and acknowledge the difficulties for them to balance their workloads.

As we have indicated to Dr Collins and Dr Nath our offer remains open should circumstances change and we will do all we can to assist in facilitating good and sensible research which will build on our strategy of international collaboration in biomedical research into ME.

Invest in ME Research have objectives for the BRMEC6 Colloquium but we are willing and able to facilitate an important meeting with most of the world's top ME researchers in London in June and create combined, achievable objectives which can form the basis of future international collaboration in research into ME.

With most of the experienced researchers present from USA, Europe and Australia, and with additional expertise being brought in from outside the field of ME, then BRMEC6 offers a unique opportunity to move forward - together.

We will maintain our welcome for the NIH to be represented at BRMEC6 in London in order that real and urgent progress can be made for this disease.

http://www.investinme.eu/IIMEC11-news-0203.shtml

Excellent that they tried and that they're keeping the lines of communication open. It would be great if at least someone from the new NIH study could go.