1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Invest in ME International Conference 30th May 2014, London

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Kate_UK, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

2. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

http://www.investinme.org/IIME-Newslet-1309-02 Conf Events14.htm

WillowJ, Min, rosie26 and 3 others like this.
  3. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

4. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

5. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Keynote Speech at IIMEC9
    WillowJ, Min, NK17 and 2 others like this.
  6. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Min, rosie26, Ember and 3 others like this.
  7. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    That's a sizzling line-up of speakers!
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Nielk, Min, beaverfury and 1 other person like this.
  8. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Yay! "Go you Beauties, solve it." ......
    wastwater and aimossy like this.
  9. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Additional speaker announced;

An additional speaker added to the line-up is Professor Carmen Scheibenbogen, Professor for Immunology and Deputy Chair Institute of Medical Immunology Berlin Charit�, Germany.

Professor Scheibenbogen spoke at IIMEC8 in 2013 and recently published a paper - "Deficient EBV-Specific B- and T-Cell Response in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" published by PLOS One- which found evidence of immune deficiency in a subset of ME patients.

That paper is being discussed here http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...patients-with-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.27634/
    NK17 likes this.
  10. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Another speaker announced!

Professor Simon Carding

His scientific interests are in understanding how the immune response in the gut functions and in particular, is able to distinguish between the commensal microbes that reside in the gut and environmental microbes that cause disease, and in the mechanisms by which the body�s immune system no longer ignores or tolerates commensal gut bacteria and how this leads to immune system activation and inflammatory bowel disease.
    NK17, rosie26, aimossy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

12. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

NK17, rosie26, Bob and 3 others like this.
  13. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Two more speakers!
    and

http://www.investinme.eu/agenda.html
    Excellent stuff, I am throwing all my money at Invest in ME, for they spend it wisely.

tickets are discounted prices until 12th March 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    NK17, aimossy, Sasha and 1 other person like this.
  14. Research 1st

Research 1st

This looks interesting. If proven, subsets of ME labelled people have a chronic infection driven mitochondrial (ATP) disease resulting on overwhelming energy disorder of mind and body via a novel autoimmune process yet to be understood.

What interests me even more, is the additional question if not just Chlamydia Pneumoniae can create an inflammatory process against HSP's, but other pathogens too, including Borrelia (Chronic Lyme patients are often riddled with Chlamydia Pneumoniae).

Mitochondrial toxins are proposed by some as being associated to chronic neurological diseases, such as Parkinson's.

The pieces of the puzzle are slowly assembling, at a snails pace, but still assembling.

Perhaps when we're approaching the menopause or more senior years since being left neglected as children and blamed for our disease and left to rot as malingers, we'll get recognition and then breathe a sigh of relief we are finally accepted as genuine seriously ill people, during which the people who kept us sick via disinformation, retire on a healthy pension and accolades. (This is presumably why they win awards for their services to CFS).

High quality scientific research is always exciting to learn about. It's such a breath of fresh air to experience in the current atmosphere of toxic lies of CBT and Exercise making patients feel better, when by definition, it must make them worse if they have an infection driven autoimmune disease that attacks mitochondrial heat shock proteins.
    Oredogg and NK17 like this.
  15. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

another speaker announced!

wastwater, NK17, rosie26 and 4 others like this.
  16. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Another speaker announced!

Professor Maureen Hanson from Cornell University will speak at the IIMEC9 conference about Markers of Post-Exertional Malaise in ME and will discuss her research project.

http://www.investinme.eu/agenda.html#Maureen
  17. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

18. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    It's astounding that a small group of volunteers can arrange both this and fund biomedical research, whilst the UK's largest ME charity with its well paid staff achieves so little.
    NK17, justy, Helen and 3 others like this.
  19. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

This conference programme http://www.investinme.eu/agenda.html needs to be in front of as many doctors as possible. Even if they are unlikely to attend, just that programme lets them know where ME research currently is heading. I'm printing out the conference programme and sending it to my local GP surgery.

Also, please vote for Invest in ME to win £2000 here. You know they'll spend the money wisely! You can vote online from anywhere

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitPromotions/BigBreak2014/Pages/CauseDetail.aspx?CauseId=196

You can vote online from anywhere, and if you're in the UK you can vote by text too.
    text BIG BREAK 0196 to 78866
    aimossy, Helen and Sasha like this.
  20. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Great line up - it just goes 'Professor, Professor, Professor...'
    aimossy and Helen like this.

See more popular forum discussions.