• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Invest in ME conference London

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Nice quote from that piece with Linda talking about the Open Medicine Institute (a comment from Chris, not part of Linda's speech, I think), my bold:

This OMI-MERIT group is in a hurry and are looking for answers and treatments now. Their funding will be provided by private grants and initiatives. They are not willing to wait one hundred years for the government to wake up and maybe do something.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Some interesting comments on IiME's Facebook page (I've broken them into paras for readability), such as:

IiME charity: Thank you to everyone who came and supported this conference. It was a very uplifting day in many ways. Also the biomedical research meeting was excellent, and the pre-conference dinner event. IiME wiill just be completing the EMEA meeting also today so there are many good things coming.

The charity is also appreciative of all the positive comments from the speakers - some of them first time to the conference - and their comments of support for IiME. Also wonderful support from Norway and Sweden - many patients and carers coming here in large numbers.

Thank you again to all those supporting the same objectives - more high-quality biomedical research into ME, more education about the real situation with ME and more awareness of the need for more funding of bomedical research.

Kate Blake: So much hope, where do I start? For me the most uplifting message was that medical evidence is changing its concepts and changing quickly, thanks to computers, and assisted technology,. This mean that the characteristics of ME can be looked at, in depth, and from at least three- four different directions, and the opinions are that there are a significant number of changes in patterns and markers that show that ME patients are different from any normal controls.

Especially relevant for quantifying keeping benefits is your anti inflammatory mechanism with potential disorders of pathology responses that show a significant number of changes and clearly rearrangement in your immune systems and in your cell abnormalities. Am going to order a number of copies of the DVD when it goes out, and can only recommend that people do likewise, so we can start rolling out the education that can out of yesterday's conference where Invest in me had pulled together so much vital research under one roof.

Fantastic For me it was a huge big chunk of blue sky!! Keep positive all my friends and just hug the organisers of this event for what they achieved yesterdayXXX

Enid

@ Sasha - I did appreciate your comment - "rearrangement of the Immune system" - with so much going wrong from my own beginnings 12 years ago I instinctively knew that.