• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inventor of PCR Invents Customizable Pathogen Eliminator

leela

We MUST get this man to the attention of all the CFS docs, The WPI etc. Does anyone know how?

There's a transcript, but he's really neat to listen to especially at about 20 mins into the video.
He's created a way to manipulate the existing immune system so it can attack things it's not already immune to. It is causing the body to immediately overcome anthrax, resistant staph, and others, through a peptide customized specifically for each pathogen, attaching to it like a little flag that says "Eat ME'.
It seems like a really promising venue of treatment! Let's get the word out...He should start working on XMRV and all our other pathogens.

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/mullis10/mullis10_index.html

leela

Well, whatever his personal belief system, I'm still impressed by the process he describes to eliminate pathogens. The description of how instantly it cured anthrax leaves me hopeful and excited for a new era of treatment. Tricking the pathogens into announcing their presence seems like genus with a twist of irony!

Also, I can't argue with this quote:
"He believes that 'Science is being practiced by people who are dependent on being paid for what they are going to find out,' not for what they actually produce."