1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Introducing Two New Styles

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kina, Apr 6, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    True. As long as you're keeping what I have now, my brain will be fine.
  2. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Am I the only one who finds serifed fonts harder to read? A visual clutter thing maybe....?
    rosie26 and Valentijn like this.
  3. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I typically use a greyish background on a screen I configure myself, but I'm happy with the Dark Brown setting here. It took some getting used to, but it's low contrast and I find the dark is less straining.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Yes, thank you Kina for all your efforts in setting up these two new themes.

@wbd, I can certainly provide guidance to anyone who wishes to install a browser custom stylesheet (it takes about or 10 minutes), if there is interest. Let me know. It's slightly different for each different browser. The installation instructions for the Safari browser I wrote up a while ago in a previous post HERE. I also just added the Firefox installation instructions.

Though the way I have set it up, this custom stylesheet only applies to the PR forum, not every website you view.

One you have set up the custom stylesheet in your browser, you can then change the font specifications in the stylesheet to your own personal taste. Everyone will have different font preferences.

I find that only a few fonts can penetrate through my constantly blurred eyesight, my often quite severe ADHD (this is my worst problem), and then finally though the ME/CFS brain fog!
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  5. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    @Hip what fonts are you using?
  6. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    Wow, I wish I knew before that we could change the screen. I have always found the bright white background very hard on my eyes. The darker screen is much easier to read from. :thumbsup:
    Valentijn likes this.
  7. Hip

Hip Senior Member

The font that works best for me is Gill Sans (or Gill Sans MT if you are on PC), set at size 16. For some reason I find this the most readable for my vision.
    Valentijn likes this.
  8. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    I just want to mention that Kina has done all the work on these styles - and it's been a lot of work! - and I think the end result is just fantastic! I've been using the 'Light for Low Vision' theme for a few weeks now, while it's been in the final stages of testing, and I love it! So a big vote of thanks to Kina for all her hard work on these themes. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Bob, WillowJ, Valentijn and 3 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.