• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

intro and genetic testing 8-2015

Let me know what you have questions about and we will go from there!

I have some questions in mind but am not sure which way to go with all of this information. I was happy to read your notes and watch the youtube videos on MAO-A, -B, and COMT and see linkages. You had mentioned cofactors...I can find most but not all of my major mutations--iron, riboflavin, magnesium, p-5-p. So there was a good point to looking up this information. What can I do with this information to help myself? I was hoping that you would be able to steer me onto the next step and/or next topic that would help me put things together. The MTHFR report I also purchased has several flow charts of the methylation and detox. I read them over but they are complex too. I wonder if "fixing" the first process in any of the flow charts would result in fixing the multitude of detox issues I have. I have some methylation issues too...but it seems my detox system needs a lot of help...look at my signature. Thanks again.

@ppodhajski! Thank you SO much for all your research and work. I think you are into something really interesting!

I have a lot of your SNPs, and I feel very alike what you describe. All my life has been a real strugle, and it had to end with ME/CFS at last. Have had that diagnosed for 6 years now, but should probably had it much earlier. My worst symptom was always the anxiety state/feeling. The kind that totaly drains you for energy while beeing social. Its not the kind of anxiety that got a clear reason (fobias), but the kind that makes you feel extremly sick/exhausted, and it manifest worst neurologically - tremors etc. For me its so bad that I wont open the front door if I am in this kind of state. And it always is related to what I'm eating or not. 3 days of fasting will get me up participating better socially. But 3 days fasting every third day will not be a good solution though. I also have been diagnosed ADHD, IBS-C, and cervical dystonia. I also have had frquently some kind of non epileptic seazures every night in periods, wich noone yet could explain the reason for. Generally CNS symptoms have been far up on the list for me.

I just got back my genes from 23andme, an have already made reports from nutrahacker and promethease + +. I got off all my medication (natural kind vits/minerals/etc) that was based on treating symptoms (self diagnosed), and startet to supplement my worst homogenous genes with what nutrahacker suggested. I emediatly started to feel som kind of turn in my symptoms for the better. I have to tell I have been been grain and diary free for half a year also wich also has done something good.

I'm from Norway, and lot of what nutrahacker suggest for treatment is not alowed here. All vitamins MUST be syntetic, and not the natural once. This kind of vitamins are medicines in Norway and has to be prescriptet from a doctor. And all doctor here will not understand any discussion towards genes/cofactors/natural vitamins if all blood test is within normal ranges.

I have always had very low D vitamin status, folat, and elevated homocysteine (MMA showing depleted B12 in cell level). But as I say, as long as it is within range or on the bad marker. Nothing is done by your doctor. So that my methylation/detoxifiing genes are fucking with me is no doubt to me. Every attempt of supplying with syntetic vitamins makes feel really sick.

As soon as I can smugle som MFN into this country I will try out @ppodhajski treatment protocol. Until then I will continue to treat myself as nutrahacker tells me to.

It has been much talk about genotype frequencies in @ppodhajski posts. I just will say that the frequency of having the same combination for MTHFR MTRR MAOA MAOB + + will remarkedly give a lesser frequency in the population. Thats what I think @ppodhajski also means, but not clearly have stated yet.

@ppodhajski, I hope you will return and help me with my genes!

..and please be patient with my BAD english! :)