Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Intranasal Sphenopalatine Ganglion Blocks for Migraine

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by SDSue, May 27, 2015.

1. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    Apparently this procedure has been around for a while, but now with the use of guided imagery, the results are better. Anyone have any experience with this? from Science Daily

Sasha, ahmo, Ema and 1 other person like this.
  2. I had this procedure done October 13, 2015. I had this done to see if it would "reset" my brain and not specifically for migraines. About an hour after I had it done, I felt lighter, brighter and was in extremely high spirits. After I came home from having the SPG block, my husband immediately noticed a difference in me. I don't know how to describe it other than he said I had a "spark" back in my eyes that had been lost long ago. My energy levels vastly improved, but I continued to pace myself the first 3 days as I didn't want to set the PEM into motion. My circadian rhythm seems to be shifting somewhat, and I have been able to go to sleep earlier and earlier, and finally last night, without sleep medication (normal sleep concocation is: trazodone 100mg, zanaflex 4mg and phenergan 50mg, melatonin 6mg). Friday, October 16th, I took to the road and traveled about 2 hours to ride my bike on the Virginia Creeper Trail -- 17 miles. Granted, this is downhill for 15 miles, but to even hold myself up on a bike for over 3 hours is HUGE, and I did pedal for about 3 miles. Today is Sunday, October 18th, and I am not feeling peppy but I am not feeling a huge crash either (as I expected from 12 hours worth of activity). I will repeat the SPG block in one month. I am hoping to get more improvement with each succession.

Sushi likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.