• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Intolerance To Multi-Vitamin/Mineral - Fight Or Flight Reaction

caledonia

I didn't say that metals were a scam or didn't cause illness. Excessive levels definitely do cause health issues. We evolved in an environment with metals, and developed methods of dealing with 'normal' amounts of them. My belief is that normal people with normal levels of metals shouldn't have health issues from them. Some people might have health issues at lower than normal levels. If you've been taking measures to remove metals from your body, haven't you lowered them well below 'normal' levels by now? Have you had the levels measured lately to see how effective the treatments have been? My toxicology assay showed only slightly elevated Mn and Se, and when I said I had been eating lots of whole grains, he said that would explain it.

Have you actually tested your sensitivity to EMFs? Double-blind testing, I mean. You could have someone set up several (excess levels to make the results more obvious) transmitters of whatever frequencies you believe you are sensitive to near you, and control when they are on or off, without you knowing. Record when you feel better or worse. Repeat enough to give statistical relevance.

The trick is, what is normal? I think you would have to find some bodies for testing from at least a couple hundred years ago, before the industrial revolution, if not a lot farther back than that to find "normal" levels.

EMFs - it's pretty specific - I get pains from close proximity to wifi devices like iphones and ipads and the wifi clicker on my Roku. I pretty much have to be holding the device, or be within a foot or two to feel it.

I've changed back to an infrared clicker and there are no issues. The iphone and ipad were something I borrowed temporarily, and I don't use those any more.

My sensitivity should go away with continued chelation. (The hypothesis being that mercury and/or other metals make your body into an antennae so that you can feel the EMFs. So if you get rid of the metals, you get rid of the sensitivity).

Based on the research I'm seeing, I'm actually thankful I developed this sensitivity, otherwise I probably never would have bothered to learn more about EMFs. They are harmful whether you can feel them or not.

stridor

@Tigger
I knew that my adrenals were in trouble because I had to pull myself up the stairs hand-over-hand on the banister. I needed help to stand some days, I was fogged to the point of confusion, I would lose my breath even trying to talk. The air just didn't seem to have oxygen any more.

Adrenals are hard for Drs to sort out it seems. There is Addison's and there is "you're fine, I am making you an appointment with a pychiatrist".

In fact, studies on rats showed that those fed mercury had even slightly higher levels of cortisol than the control group but when made to swim their cortisol levels tanked (intentional). Autopsy showed the adrenals to be bleeding.

I am not sure how common it is for people poisoned by mercury to need hydrocortisone long term. There is a culture in some groups to view allopathic medicine and its usage as a form of failure. People are less open about some things they are doing than others.

The three considerations are that I am not an Dr and am only an expert on me. That in my case mercury poisoning was making me very ill, on the far right of the mercury poisoning continuum and that my experience may not be common. That taking a bit of HC ointment is easy and you would still have most of the tube left to put in the medicine cabinet. I have not read this thread.