The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Interpreting 23andme results - liver disease and breast cancer

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by bdazzled788, Nov 24, 2014.

1. bdazzled788

bdazzled788

Hi all,

I'd love some help interpreting my 23andme results. I've run it through promethease and livewello, yet am still very lost when it comes to the methylation results. I'm not sure where I stand, and cant find any geneticists that know how to interpret it (I live in NYC with medicaid).

I am 22/female/5'4''/140 pounds. Basic health history includes lifelong eczema, allergies, leaky gut, candida, insomnia. More recently, I've had worsening anxiety, fatigue, and brain fog - to the point where I cannot concentrate or get *anything* done at work or throughout the day. I am also doing a saliva test for adrenal fatigue (thyroid/hormone blood tests came back normal). My last blood work was pretty normal, aside from traces of fatty liver deposits, high EOSINOPILS, ABSOLUTE, ALT, AST, and trace LEUKOCYTE ESTERASE.

I used to be deficient in vit D (<18 as predicted by my gene mutation), but after supplementing with 5000iu, I am normal (>45)! I also used to use a strong corticosteroid cream for my eczema for at least 7 years (even around my lips) which I no longer have a need for after eliminating certain foods. Other than that, I regularly take a strong probiotic and cod liver oil/butter oil blend everyday, and less regularly take Magnesium Glycinate, Gaia's Adrenal Health, Turmeric, CoEnzyme Q10. Diet is pretty healthy (no processed foods, dairy or wheat). I'm thinking that I should be adding a good B12, and maybe experiment with 5HTP, GABA. Liver and heart disease runs on my dads side, so those mutations weren't a huge surprise, however breast cancer was new for me since I don't have a family history of it.

Sorry thats a lot of info to throw out there! I have probably seen 10 doctors in the past 3 years with no great direction, so I would truly appreciate any help! Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

@bdazzled788 - The resolution on both files is far too low to read.

3. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Hi,

is this ones the raw data that 23andme now provide? Is what attatched all what they provide now ?

Thanks

Daniele

4. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

No, that's output from a website where people can process a few dozen of the SNP results. Over 600,000 SNPs are currently tested, and there are other sites where people can look at the results for specific SNPs, or pull out their very rare results.

5. bdazzled788

bdazzled788

Sorry about that, I'm doing it off of my phone. Hope these images work.

image.jpg image.jpg

FightingCFS and Valentijn like this.
  6. FightingCFS

FightingCFS

7. bdazzled788

bdazzled788

Hm, I can't seem to view your link as it redirects to my own report. I have looked at their sample reports though and because there are soo many mutations for me, I have already clicked through all the mutation details but they only have definitions of the various SNPS, which hasn't been too helpful because I don't really know what to do/what I have or don't have.

See more popular forum discussions.