Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Internal spasms

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Mivvi5, Apr 16, 2018 at 1:34 PM.

1. Mivvi5

Mivvi5 Guest

Hello all. Have been experiencing episodes of internal spasms, rushes, wooshes and twitches. Makes my head ring and my ears. Today has been particularly bad i had to call matron in. They affect my stomach, upper abdomen, chest and sometimes throat. Completely overwhelming and make me feel incredibly unwell. Everyone seems to say adrenalin, reflux and ME. Its pretty much central insides. Dont have a clue whether they are ME related, common, dangerous or what but i am absolutely terrifed when they happen. Its been almost every day for the past few weeks and are increasing in intensity. Any ideas please ? Thank you x

i-lava-u likes this.
  2. Rossy191276

Rossy191276 Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    Yes I get the same but also includes the upper legs and includes visible shaking. I think this is most likely part of dysautonomia which is very common in ME

alkt likes this.
  3. Mivvi5

Mivvi5 Guest

Thank you Rossy. I have been so scared and worried. Its such a distressing experience isnt it. Inside of the body spasming. You have helped put my mind at rest. I can at least now put a sensible approach to it instead of panicking and calling docs. Many thanks.

See more popular forum discussions.