• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Internal spasms

Mivvi5

Hello all. Have been experiencing episodes of internal spasms, rushes, wooshes and twitches. Makes my head ring and my ears. Today has been particularly bad i had to call matron in. They affect my stomach, upper abdomen, chest and sometimes throat. Completely overwhelming and make me feel incredibly unwell. Everyone seems to say adrenalin, reflux and ME. Its pretty much central insides. Dont have a clue whether they are ME related, common, dangerous or what but i am absolutely terrifed when they happen. Its been almost every day for the past few weeks and are increasing in intensity. Any ideas please ? Thank you x

Rossy191276

Hello all. Have been experiencing episodes of internal spasms, rushes, wooshes and twitches. Makes my head ring and my ears. Today has been particularly bad i had to call matron in. They affect my stomach, upper abdomen, chest and sometimes throat. Completely overwhelming and make me feel incredibly unwell. Everyone seems to say adrenalin, reflux and ME. Its pretty much central insides. Dont have a clue whether they are ME related, common, dangerous or what but i am absolutely terrifed when they happen. Its been almost every day for the past few weeks and are increasing in intensity. Any ideas please ? Thank you x

Yes I get the same but also includes the upper legs and includes visible shaking. I think this is most likely part of dysautonomia which is very common in ME

Mivvi5

Thank you Rossy. I have been so scared and worried. Its such a distressing experience isnt it. Inside of the body spasming. You have helped put my mind at rest. I can at least now put a sensible approach to it instead of panicking and calling docs. Many thanks.