Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

intermittent quasi-dyslexia?

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Sherlock, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA
    I just saw a thread named "The BPS youthtube channel" (which is really youtube).

Instead of seeing photo.jpg I might see photo.pig

This kind of thing has been happening occasionally for months, but never before. I don't feel particularly tired or confused when it happens. It's not really dyslexia, I don't see swimming or garbled text. When I realize I'd read it wrong and then look again in a more focused fashion, I can instantly see it correctly.

Is this something known?

AndyPandy, rosie26 and Scarecrow like this.
  2. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I still have it but not as bad as it was. When I was worse I had times I could read a word many times and still have it wrong.

AndyPandy, Scarecrow and Sherlock like this.
  3. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    @Sherlock - Yes! I can't tell you how many mistakes I've made in transposing phone numbers, appointment times, etc. I have to check myself repeatedly - and even then I make mistakes. Prior to illness, that didn't happen.

When people go into remission, they must feel like super heroes with superior brain power (not to mention strength!). I think I'll start making a cape. You know, just in case! ;)

AndyPandy, Scarecrow, rosie26 and 2 others like this.
  4. mango

mango Senior Member

same here...

AndyPandy, Scarecrow and Sherlock like this.
  5. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

Yes, I get it a lot. About six months ago though, I noticed something quite different and that is I lost word recognition of the word 'bear - as in bear a load' it still looks to me only as 'bear - as in the animal.' It bothered me for months, hopefully I will get the recognition back again.

AndyPandy, Sherlock and Scarecrow like this.
  6. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    Same here. Only started when I became ill. Also had trouble with misspelling written words due to mixing letters around.

For me, this problem has improved a great deal since the early days of illness. Still happens, but nowhere near as frequently.

rosie26 and Sherlock like this.

See more popular forum discussions.