The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

intermittent quasi-dyslexia?

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Sherlock, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA
    I just saw a thread named "The BPS youthtube channel" (which is really youtube).

Instead of seeing photo.jpg I might see photo.pig

This kind of thing has been happening occasionally for months, but never before. I don't feel particularly tired or confused when it happens. It's not really dyslexia, I don't see swimming or garbled text. When I realize I'd read it wrong and then look again in a more focused fashion, I can instantly see it correctly.

Is this something known?

AndyPandy, rosie26 and Scarecrow like this.
  2. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I still have it but not as bad as it was. When I was worse I had times I could read a word many times and still have it wrong.

AndyPandy, Scarecrow and Sherlock like this.
  3. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    @Sherlock - Yes! I can't tell you how many mistakes I've made in transposing phone numbers, appointment times, etc. I have to check myself repeatedly - and even then I make mistakes. Prior to illness, that didn't happen.

When people go into remission, they must feel like super heroes with superior brain power (not to mention strength!). I think I'll start making a cape. You know, just in case! ;)

AndyPandy, Scarecrow, rosie26 and 2 others like this.
  4. mango

mango Senior Member

same here...

AndyPandy, Scarecrow and Sherlock like this.
  5. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

Yes, I get it a lot. About six months ago though, I noticed something quite different and that is I lost word recognition of the word 'bear - as in bear a load' it still looks to me only as 'bear - as in the animal.' It bothered me for months, hopefully I will get the recognition back again.

AndyPandy, Sherlock and Scarecrow like this.
  6. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    Same here. Only started when I became ill. Also had trouble with misspelling written words due to mixing letters around.

For me, this problem has improved a great deal since the early days of illness. Still happens, but nowhere near as frequently.

rosie26 and Sherlock like this.

See more popular forum discussions.