ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Intermittent claudication / Problems standing and walking

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by deleder2k, Jun 30, 2014.

1. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Oslo, Norway
    I have a M.E, and one of my worst symptoms is the inability to stand or walk for longer periods. After walking or standing for a period of time, I feel like i am constantly stretching out my leg when I am sitting or laying. It usually come with cramps with pain. Is this the same as intermittent claudication? I have read a lot about M.E, but it doesn't seem that most people suffer from the same degree of problems standing/walking.

I have heard that beta blockers could work out. I use 20 mg when my pulse increases to 85++. My normal pulse rate is in the lower 60's. At 85++ I feel like I am having trouble breathing and it feels like running when I am watching TV. Blah.

Anyone experiencing the same?

NK17 likes this.
  2. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Hi, no I doubt you have intermittent claudication. It is caused by atherosclerosis. The tipical symptom is that you have to make a pause after walking a while because of too low blood supply to your calves or muscles in general.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...imedia/intermittent-claudication/img-20008123

I think you should be checked by a neurologist, or get a thorough neurological examination..

I have had cramps due to magnesium deficiency and Lyme disease. The former rather easy to treat ( try a double dose of magnesium and see if it eases the cramps) and the latter another story...

NK17, Valentijn, merylg and 1 other person like this.
  3. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Oslo, Norway
    Thank you. I will check that out. I have been on triple magnesium dose for months with no effect.

4. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Problems standing and walking can be from ataxia. Have you had a Rhomberg test ? If you have ataxia, you'll want to look into gluten ataxia. Many of us are sensitive to gluten. Tc .. x

See more popular forum discussions.