• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interferon alpha2b and/or Inosine pranobex cause ptosis

herpesbaby

So I've started feeling dizzy lightheaded on April19th. Started taking Interferon on May 28th then Inosine Pranobex on June 8th. I'm pretty sure one or both of these medicine gave me ptosis. They both affect Immune system. So is thymus. Thymus problems give people myasthenia gravis. I don't know how exactly, but I'm almost certain that these pills/suppositoriums give you heavy eyelids!!! Anyone else noticed the same weirdness?

Last edited:

Basilico

Florida
I'm sorry to hear that you got this reaction. He didn't have any reactions from Immunovir, definitely not ptosis. Are you still taking both these medicines? I wonder if the ptosis would stop if you discontinued them.

herpesbaby

I stopped immunovir but doctor said interferon I shouldn't stop abruptly so I'm still taking it

Basilico

Florida
I really hope the condition reverses itself, it sounds like something that is really annoying and awful to deal with.