• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting video on OPs and disease, including ME, by Mark Purdey

Countrygirl

Some of you in the UK may remember Mark Purdey, an organic farmer and self-taught scientist who argued that organophosphates damaged animal and human health. He associated it with BSE as well as ME. Many farmers in my neck of the woods developed an ME-type illness after dipping their sheep, although it was officially denied when they attempted to report it and obtain medical and financial help.

I knew Mark and was a witness to some of the serious harassment that he and others who supported him experienced as a result of promoting his ideas.

I think you will all enjoy listening to this, and will identify with some/much of what he tells us. In fact, I think everyone with ME should listen to this. OPs, of course, are commonly associated with ME in the UK, which is referred to as 'Secondary ME' by Dr Byron Hyde.

You might also like to read his scientific papers found on his web site.http://markpurdey.com/

Mark, like some of his main supporters, is now dead. I think he is a great loss as he was, in my opinion, a great man.

C.G.

Last edited:

A.B.

Chronic low level exposure to environmental toxins in relation to chronic illnesses hasn't been investigated much. Appropriate research could provide answers to many questions. Unfortunately some of the findings could be very upsetting to governments, which is probably a reason why research is neglected.

SilverbladeTE

thank you for this :)

1) Organophosphates are vastly more dangerous than our son of a bitch government/chemical industry let on.

2) Sheep farmers were ordered to use these chemicals by government, and iirc, the government official who pushed for it went to work for the chemical company who made then after leaving office.

3) As I've said before, I came down with M.E. after combination of toxic damp proffing put down in my house what made me and the workmen terribly sick, and then a nasty flu like bug that was going around but that was longer lasting/nastier than normal Flu.

4) I am beginging to wonder if the huge increase in autoimmune diseases are caused by these and other chemicals because they are mutagens, so, the vast increase in cancer caused by these (plus radiation), what if so much increase in damaged cells, causing the body to destroy them, as it should, is triggering autoimmune syndromes left right and centre?