• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting. Simple solution

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I went to my CFS doctor Monday. She did some tests to prove my P.O.T.S. I was hoping I didn't have Peripheral Neuropathy. I do not. That is great.

I just wanted to tell you that I had numbness in my toes and tops of my feet. I was scared. Well, even before I saw her, I had figured out what was causing it! My chair! I sat in it so much that it was putting pressure on the back of my legs. The ottoman seemed to be comfy, but it put a bit of pressure on the back of my calves! So, my husband bought a chair I picked out. I showed a photo on another thread. It reclines with a BLUE electric controller. So pretty. Anyway, I can change positions now as I rest.

Also, I was using a pad with my large laptop and THAT also put pressure on the TOPS of my legs. I also have a great laptop desk I ALWAYS use now!

I am better now!:victory:

OH, I also rub my legs and feet to give them more circulation. Even though I walk around, the Disautonomia makes me sit a lot. I exer. my legs a bit, but that isn't as good as just rubbing them. I was going to get a massage today, but I had to cancel, too tired. Hopefully next week I will go.

I love massages. Anyway, just wanted to warn anyone that sits a lot. Just in case your feet start to act up. I am so glad all is fine now.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I KNOW! Hubby massaged my legs and feet before I went to sleep. I had done it after my bath. I do look forward to the massage. I will try again next week. I am really happy about my nerves getting better. Our bodies sure do TRY to get well don't they? They just need the right treatment! Even if it is a new chair, ha.