• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting relation of POTS to histamine and vagus nerve

Sam7777

I thought this was a good interview. It basically makes a link to the concept of many of these symptoms being related to an under active para sympathetic nervous system.
http://thelowhistaminechef.com/dr-diana-driscoll-interview-vagus-nerve-and-potsmast-cell-activation/
Long story short, some of these people seem to benefit from Alpha GPC and huperzine.
What Ive noticed is that for many many years I've gravitated to cholinergic drugs in an attempt to self medicate. It really hits home on a lot of my experiences and symptoms.

I just spent like 3 months and also made posts on here BLAMING huperzine, when in fact I'm being told that it has had the opposite effect in people. So I am rightefully very confused (and down to like 16 tablets of huperzine lol...). I take a lot of Relora, which arguably has a bit of anti-cholinergic effect, its actually sort of weird pharmacologically and I still don't understand it 100 percent but...long story short...it makes me too depressed.

I mean I just need to chelate ultimately but, the food allergies have gotten pretty debilitating and anything to desensitize them is an excellent strategy.

I snagged this review off amazon on the vagus nerve product

"I took Parasym Plus for two months and saw improvements in symptoms of dysautonomia and immune deficiency (hyper IgE and hypo IgG) that affects me in relation to vision, cognitive function, inflammation, muscles, gastro intestinal issues, heavy and painful periods, blood pressure and heart rate (I have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia), chronic fatigue, mood, headaches, flushing, rashes, balance and dizziness and allergic reactions that often end in anaphylaxis.
81ktPeaFgrL._SY679_.jpg

I was able to cut back on antihistamines from 8 zyrtec a day to 2, and go down on zantac, and also down on a prescribed muscle relaxer as my posture opened up and i could decrease medication for ADHD as i saw my focus and cognition improve. I saw improvement in night blindness (light halos disappeared), had less sensitivity to light and sound and had more energy. I still got fatigued with activity but it took longer before i hit a wall. i saw immediate improvement in energy and clearer thinking the very first day. This stuff works quickly for me and continued to improve symptoms with time. Unfortunately, i had to stop taking it (i wish insurance would cover it!) and my symptoms slowly returned and resulted in anaphylaxis and having to get back on steroids (prednisone.) I had no side effects from Parasym Plus that i can relate to taking it but i did have shingles while i was on it. (I may have been doing too much too soon! which is a great problem to have.) But i have had shingles before so i can't really relate it to Parasym Plus.
I just started taking it again (with L-Lysine this time in case shingles wants to make a comeback from over activity im prepared) and I hope to stay on it this time while tapering off other meds that come with adverse side effects from long term use."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2&tag=thelowhische-20&linkId=UDBE543BUS6ARBU4

Sam7777

All i know is I gotta do something with this crap. Honestly I doubt the quality of any diet.
For instance, I woke up really ok today. All I did was drink almond milk. Thats it. And wham histamine. Which yes there is histamine in almonds and carob extracts, but almond milk is just very, very mild. and its instant brain fog, depression, anhedonia, shakiness, cold feet, dizziness, pressure inbetween the eyes, heaviness in the head, and IBS.
I worry because Yasmina Ykelenstam has mentioned as well that histamine reactions are worst in the morning, and can be caused by the need for digestion at all, digestion at all..any digestion action......