• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting PCR test

Wow,
lots of possibilities, from ticks and mice
XMRV,
Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus (TMEV),

unknown:
De Freitas retrovirus, CAV
australian/danish retrovirus, whatsitsname,

from cows:
and Dogtorj posted on his facebook page about viruses not killed in heat-treated milk, about bovine leukemia virus like the mouse leukemia virus

cats:
feline leukemia virus

parvofighter

Millipore.com mouse contamination Assays

Here's another one: Xenotropic/Ectropic Murine Leukemia Virus Testing
from http://www.millipore.com/publications.nsf/dda0cb48c91c0fb6852567430063b5d6/ced3d5c4cd56f3ab852571ea00776798/$FILE/SDS1703ENEU.pdf This document makes me wonder if labs like this might join the race to produce human XMRV testing too.

It was cited on the Italian site: Encephalomielete Mialgica & Patologie Ambientali @ http://empa.forumcommunity.net/?t=33531548
(Geez, ME in Italian sounds so lovely).

Haven't translated the blog there yet - anyone wanna take a look?

Kati

Patient in training
Of course, this test is only for rodents, not humans. The lab is not licensed for human testing, only animals. To be clear, I am posting this as a courtesy to other rodent owners here and not trying to sell anything.

I looked at Wiki for the definition of rodent (I am french after all, gotta make it clear for myself :D)

Rodent characterised by two continuously growing incisors in the upper and lower jaws which must be kept short by gnawing.[1][2]

Me thinks that we are all rodents. Carrots anyone?