1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Interesting PCR test

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Levi, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Levi

Levi Senior Member

2. nora_n

nora_n

europe
    Wow,
    lots of possibilities, from ticks and mice
    XMRV,
    Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus (TMEV),

unknown:
    De Freitas retrovirus, CAV
    australian/danish retrovirus, whatsitsname,

from cows:
    and Dogtorj posted on his facebook page about viruses not killed in heat-treated milk, about bovine leukemia virus like the mouse leukemia virus

cats:
    feline leukemia virus

3. parvofighter

parvofighter Senior Member

Canada
    Millipore.com mouse contamination Assays

Here's another one: Xenotropic/Ectropic Murine Leukemia Virus Testing
    from http://www.millipore.com/publications.nsf/dda0cb48c91c0fb6852567430063b5d6/ced3d5c4cd56f3ab852571ea00776798/$FILE/SDS1703ENEU.pdf This document makes me wonder if labs like this might join the race to produce human XMRV testing too.

It was cited on the Italian site: Encephalomielete Mialgica & Patologie Ambientali @ http://empa.forumcommunity.net/?t=33531548
    (Geez, ME in Italian sounds so lovely).

Haven't translated the blog there yet - anyone wanna take a look?

4. Kati

Kati Patient in training

I looked at Wiki for the definition of rodent (I am french after all, gotta make it clear for myself :D)

Rodent characterised by two continuously growing incisors in the upper and lower jaws which must be kept short by gnawing.[1][2]

Me thinks that we are all rodents. Carrots anyone?

See more popular forum discussions.