1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Interesting Lyme/Viral Herbal Protocol: Happy Ending After Years of Suffering With Chronic Lyme Dise

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by chilove, Dec 15, 2013.

1. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Here is the link to the blog post where you can post comments and questions: http://lymediseaseresource.com/word...ic-lyme-disease-and-morgellons/#comment-10725

Following is a custom protocol for chronic Lyme disease called the “Synergy Protocol”. He wrote this detailed post for the the readers of this blog and would like to share his success and the principals behind the protocol with any who can benefit.

Treating the Pathogenic Synergy in Chronic Lyme Using Polypharmacy by Don Mau (pictured here).

This article is about taking advantage of a common theme in nature to make chronic Lyme treatment more effective, that theme is synergy. The protocol was designed for myself and adheres to a philosophy and anyone using the ideas presented should take their own health factors into consideration.

- See more at: http://lymediseaseresource.com/word...ic-lyme-disease-and-morgellons/#comment-10725
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    Abha, Blue and maryb like this.
  2. Iquitos

Iquitos Senior Member

Colorado
    Thanks for this. From the middle of the article I found the name of the herbalist (Here is master herbalist and Lyme author Stephen Harrod Buhner) who wrote the book a lot of this is taken from. Went looking for it and found two: Herbal Antibiotics and Herbal Antivirals. I bought both as eBooks on Amazon and started reading the Herbal Antiviral one.

I'm impressed with this guy and his writing. He's fun to read in addition to (maybe) being ahead of the curve on a lot of things. He has a protocol for EBV and cfs. He tells you where to find the tinctures to buy, and how to make them yourself if you want to, and how to grow a lot of them, or find them wild.

I just ordered the herbal tinctures to do his cfs/EBV protocol for around two months. They're not cheap: around $370 for what should last me 66 days for most of them, less for some. Once I get them, I might start a thread on doing this protocol. I've already been taking moringa for 4-5 months and I think it's doing me some good. I really like the concept of synergy amongst the herbs, and in the case of EBV, he says certain herbs are synergistic with acyclovir, which I am also taking.

And after I get going on the antiviral protocol, I may add those herbs that are specific for bacteria. Many of them are both antibacterial and antiviral, so it wouldn't take adding very many.
    chilove likes this.
  3. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Thank you for posting this, it's one of the most original story and treatment approach I have come across for some time. In it there are quite a few ideas I can refer to.

That's interesting and it could be the reason why effectively treating infections seemed so difficult.

I found that quite helpful

I personally found antibiotics and antiparasitics more effective than herbs at killing systemic infections.

That seems to be true, when they worked for me they only did at much higher doses than normally recommended.

I only tried Cryptolepsis, Sida and Barberry and they seemed to kill a lot of things but not everything. I till use Crypto and Barberry for the occasional stomach bug and never failed me.
    Banderol was totally ineffective for me.

I tried both and it seems to be the case.

That's what happened in my case but I found Methylation support helpful in getting to destination where cellular function is eventually restored which happened when the bugs were taken care of. In addition methylation is probably safer than the recommended detox protocol.

I also had MCS along the way and it seemed to resolve by taking a long break from every treatment whilst avoiding foods and smells that caused reactions.
    1. I didn't at first but when I later did, I improved much more quickly
    2. ok
    3. Maf 314 was what did it for me. I don't think I would have recovered without reducing Nagalase.
    4. I think this is critical, exercise also helped me with this.
    6. Never used Dragons blood but Japanese Knotweed/resveratrol and Cat's claw work in a similar way, reducing inflammation by modulating the immune system and blocking cytokines.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    taniaaust1 and chilove like this.
  4. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Awesome! I didn't catch the reference to the herbalist the first time I read it. I LOVE herbs and will purchase the ebooks. Let's stay in touch while we try this protocol!
  5. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Please note the discussion referring to Morgellon's has been moved here.
  6. chilove

chilove Senior Member

I purchased the herbal anti viral book by Stephen Harrod Buhner and it is really interesting!
  7. Iquitos

Iquitos Senior Member

Colorado
    Yes, let's do.

See more popular forum discussions.