The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Interesting article on historical sleep patterns

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Snowdrop, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

2. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

I've read some about this in the past. I wondered if the "two block pattern" noted by Western cultures in earlier centuries had anything to do with adrenal fatigue brought about poorer nutrition (possibly lowered B12 status, among other things).

For the past several months I've been making an effort to get up and out of my house every day between 7a and 9a, and spend at least a half hour outside. Luckily I live in a temperate, mild clime that allows me to do this year round. I think it most definitely has been paying off in the quality of my sleep. I'm consistently sleepy no later than 11p at night (so am in bed by then) and don't have much trouble with getting up or falling asleep during the day. I feel much better rested and have more energy.

3. jess100

jess100 Senior Member

I just read a similar article in an old copy of Tricycle (Buddhist magazine) and it's made me think a lot about daylight I noticed years ago (before the onset of CFS or what ever I have) that I needed a lot more sleep going into winter. Now I think that's because the days were shorter and I should have been sleeping more.
    I've also thought about our inside lifestyles and lack of vitamin D-which causes immunity issues.

Snowdrop likes this.
  4. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Vitamin D is definitely necessary for at least some of us.

5. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

See more popular forum discussions.