Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Interesting article about living with migraine - mentions CFS

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by daisybell, Nov 17, 2016.

1. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
  2. Sancar

Sancar Sick of being sick ~ and so is my walking buddy

USA
    daisybell likes this.
  3. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    This really resonated with me. I love how she expanded the discussion to all of the 'woman's issues' and touched on many aspects of dealing with chronic health.

daisybell likes this.
  4. SuzieSam

SuzieSam Constant companion

Israel
    That was excellent. Long, but so well written it was easy to read. I developed chronic migraines 2 years after the ME started. The upside is that they're taken seriously by both regular people and doctors, in a way ME - always referred to as bloody Chronic Fatigue (Ugh Ugh Ugh - fatigue?) never ever is.

Funny with migraines - 20 years ago, before Triptan medications were developed, which work for about half of migraine sufferers, they were regarded as a hysterical, female, psychological complaint. As soon as doctors had a treatment option, attitudes started to change.

Most doctors just can't admit when they don't know for sure, can't help, that some things medical science has yet to discover.

Goes to show - the medical and public perception of ME is based on doctors' hubris - if they can't treat it, it's not real, or our own fault. I bloody HATE most doctors.

daisybell likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.