1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Insurance companies claiming ME/CFS is psychiatric

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Daisymay, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

Has anyone diagnosed with ME/CFS in the UK ever had a problem (either a real battle or rejection) getting their income protection claim from Friends Provident or Liverpool Victoria insurance companies because they've insisted that ME/CFS is a psychiatric/functiona...l disorder?

If so would you be willing to discuss it with us, and confirm it in writing? Feel free to contact me backchannel.
  2. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

Lots of PWME have problems with insurance conpanies but we have evidence that there are significant problems with these two companies in particular and would like to take it further if possible, but to do so we need people who have had problems with LV or FD to come forward so please if anyone can help with this send me a private message.

Thanks,

Daisymay
  3. Caroline Ashton

Caroline Ashton

Hi Daisymay

I've had a decline letter today from LV regarding my Income Protection claim (I've M.E.). I was turned down but not for a psychiatrical reason. It won't let me message you privately on it. Could you message me instead to discuss further?

Thanks

Caroline

See more popular forum discussions.