Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Insurance at OMI?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by bspg, Apr 16, 2017.

1. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    I'm wondering if anyone could knows if OMI takes Medi-cal or Medicare? Or if you have Medi-cal and were able to get them to pay for anything at OMI?

Thanks!

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    I saw Dr. Kaufman in September 2015. I had to pay cash for the initial visit and the follow-up by phone; however, almost all of my lab work was covered by Medicare. I did have to pay out of pocket for the adrenal saliva test and maybe one other thing, I can't remember, but it wasn't a lot.

I didn't have lyme testing done.

A few months afterwards I got a bill from Quest for around $800 I think - Medicare had rejected some of the lab work. so I called Kaufman's office and they handled it. I forget who I dealt with, but she got it taken care of and Medicare paid.

Sancar, bspg and Jennifer J like this.
  3. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    Thank you Mary!

4. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

As Mary stated, all office visits, phone follow up appts are private pay only (no insurance). But as far as blood work goes many people are able to get a portion (in my case most of it has been covered) of the lab work covered by their insurance. I have Medicare as primary and Medicaid as secondary.

5. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    TrixieStix likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.