1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Insomnia Rant Part Two/Phosphatidylserine

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by heapsreal, Oct 14, 2012.

1. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Great. My PS comes in 100mg capsules. So start with 100, or 200?
    L'engle likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    start with half of the 100mg cap, so 50mg. dont expect much from this dose though, just start slow incase u get a bad reaction. work your way up to 400mg or stop if u find a lower dose helps.
    L'engle likes this.
  3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    You convinced me to resume taking PS 100 mg, which I had stopped on Christine's instruction. I had been taking it in the morning, but moved it to bedtime. That seemed to make my dreams worse, so I am now taking it in the evening about 3 hours before bed. I think it is OK. (There is too much going on in my life right now to know what is effecting what.)
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    PS can be stimulating for some but is also known to be calming if one has high cortisol levels, trial and error again.
    Some PS products also contain phosphatidyl choline which can also be stimulating, the product madie used awhile ago that made her sleep bad was high in choline, so i will be interested to see how she goes this time. The PS i use doesnt say it contains choline, so it could be something to watch out for??
    Little Bluestem and L'engle like this.
  5. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Yeah, this one is pure PS. My cortisol is high at night, so I'm going to take it at bedtime.
    L'engle and heapsreal like this.
  6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Mine (Jarrow) doesn't list any choline either, just vitamin E and pill components.
    heapsreal likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.