Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Insomnia ideas?

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by kaffirlime, Nov 11, 2017.

1. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
    i've tried that, my insomnia is far past that. tonight i stayed up all night simply to reset my sleep clock. would try trazodone but it seems drastic

2. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    Ok here's another 2 ideas. Hot water bottle on your feet. Asprin tab or ibuprofen tab. Theory is abnormality in body temp control causes sleep probs, tabs normalise it.

3. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
    interesting

4. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    Give it a go. I know it sounds a bit simple but sometimes the simple things work best. Oh i forgot to mention a very old idea my late grandad used. Lettuce sandwich half hour before bed.

5. Aerowallah

Aerowallah

Hi, there

Insomnia was my biggest curse while trying to heal.

I gave up trying everyone's suggestions of sleep aids. If you don't know what's causing YOUR insomnia you could imbalance yourself further.

I finally got a saliva / neurotransmitter test and found out my glutamate had become elevated over a baseline reading. Taurine (in a sleep aid!) which had built up with my sluggish liver clearance had a glutamergic reaction.

BTW insomnia feels different depending on what's elevated.

Knowing glutamate was elevated I cut out high glutamate foods for awhile. Now I was sleeping an extra hour or two a night. Check out other problematic food groups that people are allergic or sensitive to against your own diet and you might get clues.

Another safe safe thing you can do is bring down general inflammation. That helps everything including a chronic stress response that makes sleep worse.

I suffered 18 months with an average of two all nighters in 10 until I tried coffee enemas which really helped liver clearance and took away the all nighters. But I hesitated for 18 months getting into CEs!

Then to my surprise a low-dose version of Fredd's methylation protocol actually calmed me out and now I was sleeping until 4 or 5 am most nights.

Then I added diatomaceous earth to help with general detox and the CEs. Add one more hour of sleep CONSISTENTLY. Now I'm sleeping until 5 or 6.

Then I added a drop of Lugols 3% iodine for various reasons and found that helped me sleep even longer and later.

Insomnia is now in the background for me--when I am trialling some new nutrient, too much usually brings it back for a day or two until it's cleared. Too much B12 still brings it back, while the right amount for me is calming.

A whole bunch of nuts and seeds late at night is a lingering food issue for me. These are high in glutamate + copper + histamines which are all suspects in insomnia.

Good luck! It's an individual process of unwrapping your own issues but detox detox detox is always a good start.

PatJ likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.