• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Input on Immune testing and Lymphs

SunMoonsStars

I was wondering what some of you who have experience with testing can tell me about the range and swings of Lymphs can go in short time frames...

Question comes from recent tests..

I have been battling an infection for a few months and there was some testing probably around 3/4 of the way to me being better just weeks ago. My general Panels looked fine including ABS Lymphs and general blood markers overall.

About 8 days later another doctor decided to take a deeper look at immune functioning. At that point I was even feeling better than ever. I had been taking H2 blocker the whole time and started two weeks before first test.

Now the Abs Lymphs are elevated. The CD3 CD4 and CD8 are high. CD8 Only slightly high. The ratio of CD4/CD8 is normal. Platelets slightly high but that has been showing up mildly high for a couple years. Not sure why.

Anyway. I was wondering what you think of this since I had already passed the peak of the acute episode of infection and doing so much better.

What would cause a jump of Lymphs in just 8 days like that. Can tests shift day to day and week to week such as waxing and waning during healing?

Also Immunoglobulin IgM Is elevated

Last edited: