• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inosine dosing schedule

I am currently taking Equilibrant, Olive Leaf Extract, and Mushroom supplement -- I plan to start on Inosine again Sunday. There are so many dosing schedules -- I have seen some that start with a high dose and go down, others that start low and work up -- does anyone have thoughts on this? Why it might be best to start high? Or low?

Seven7

Seven
Start Slow or it can crash you!!
1) Half a pill 3 days
2) One pill 3 days
3) 2 Pills 3 days. (consecutive 9 days).
If at any moment you feel side effects hold at current dose, or go back to previous one.

Week 1 and 3 = 1 pill 3 times a day (3 pills a day) Weekends Off
Week 2 and 4 = 2 Pills 3 times a day (6 pills a day) Weekends Off

Take one month Off every 6 months.

(This was the protocol given by my Dr to me) and I got my NK raised to normal levels in 1 year.

If at any moment you feel side effects hold at current dose, or go back to previous one.

Because I get burning Stool/ pee they have me on a different schedule (3 Pills week 1,3; 4 pills week 2,4)
Is important to check your NK levels when taking this med.

jeffrez

I think it's probably a good idea to start most things low, just to see how you're going to react. Once you know you're okay with it, the important thing with supplements like inosine, I believe, is to pulse the dose. There are various ways to do that, the one I remember from Cheney for Imunovir that could also probably be applied to inosine was something like this:

For first 2 months:
Take 3g/day during week 1 and week 3
Take 1g/day during week 2 and week 4

For 3rd month:
Take the month off

Then just start over. I think he might have suggested pulsing even within the times you are taking it, by taking weekends off. Other than that, I don't think high or low matters much, since you're pulsing all the time anyway.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
like already mentioned, start low and go slow. When upto full dose i use immunovir 3 tabs twice a day on mon/wed/fri schedule. I dont see the use in lowering the dose once u have worked your way up, unless after a break from inosine/immunovir. The main thing is to alternate your dosing to avoid tolerance to its effects??

Hugocfs

When taking inosine or immunovir, be very careful with your protein intake. If you take the medicine and eat too much protein, you can get gout. Ideally you should have your uric acid levels periodically checked.