Jen Brea launches mass-advocacy platform — #MEAction goes live!
Jen Brea is a phenomenon. After working as a freelance writer in China and Africa, she enrolled for a PhD at Harvard in political science but, four years ago, got sick. She had a fever that lasted ten days.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Inner vibrations....what are they really?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by soxfan, Jun 27, 2013.

1. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    The only time I've ever felt something similar to what is being described, was going through (severe) alcohol withdrawal.
    (pre-ME).
    I don't think a nice dose of vitC and milk thistle would do any harm at all - and might well do some good.

It's really, really horrible. Sorry to hear you're going through this.:cry:

soxfan likes this.
  2. EMilo

EMilo Elizabethmilo.com

Seattle, WA
    I find this so interesting. Before I was diagnosed and before I had done any research or knew of this site, I kept complaining to my doctor and husband about my "internal tremors." That's how I described them without ever having read anything. I will never forget the surreal feeling when I found the Daily Strength forum and there were threads discussing "internal shakes." That's when I knew for sure I had this evil disease. The tremors for me are a very clear indicator that I need to rest immediately.

rosie26 and soxfan like this.
  3. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    I think that the vibration causes - is nerve damage. I had a flaccid paralysis of the left side of the body during the early part of the Epstein-Barr virus. At the same time I had a vibration and tremor.

Gradually, I took medication for nerves, anti-inflammatory treatment for joints and massage. Now it is much better.

rosie26 and Ruthie24 like this.
  4. Ruthie24

Ruthie24 Senior Member

New Mexico, USA
    @Olena- Interesting what you said. As I was reading this thread I realized that I used to get this sensation quite frequently but have rarely had it, and only very briefly, since I've been on anti virals. I was already on anti-inflammatory meds so maybe the combo has helped.

Olena likes this.
  5. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    I have noticed another symptom: when I take anti-fungal treatment, reduced vibration.

6. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    The vibrating has returned but I feel it in arms, legs, feet, I dont think I feel the vibrations in my head. When I first gof really sick the vibrations startedin my head then moved from head to body. Bizarro life

rosie26 likes this.
  7. Richard7

Richard7

Australia
    I get this too, my memory is pretty messed up, but the first time I can remember talking to a doctor about it was in 2013, when I was seeing the doctor about some flu like virus. I cannot remember the details exactly but at the end he explained that he was going to refer me to another GP, who was better aquainted with CFS, and I asked but what about shivering - I think that is what I called it. I felt like my whole torso was vibrating very quickly and I thought that this was a symptom that could not wait for the 6 weeks it would take to see the other doctor, and he placed his hand on my chest and explained that he could not feel it, or see it and that it was just a migraine symptom. I am a migrainer, and new odd sensations tend to get tossed into the migraine basket. Anyway I realised that though the sensation was very clear internaly I too could feel no vibration in my hand when I applied it to my chest or abdomen.

The sensation is often really strong, it seems to be worst when I am most fatigued, and I often find that all of my senses seem to be discontinuous when I am in this state. I have tinitus, bad visual disturbance etc. Its as if mt senses have gone from broadband to morse code. I can also feel it in my arms and shoulders, I have not noticed it in my legs or head.

Does this sound like what you are experiencing to you?

EMilo likes this.
  8. Richard7

Richard7

Australia
    In a way this is like my fevers. Today my temperature is about 36.5C or thereabouts, it think it topped out at 36.71C (oral) I feel feverish and have for three days now, outside it was 15.3C last night and I needed two blankets, woollen socks and a jersey. Today I have been wearing thick woollen socks, jeans, a tshirt and a flannelett shirt, the day got to 24.5C - tshirt weather. So I feel that strange sort of cold and feverish thing we call flu, but am not warm enough to have a fever. Or what most would call a fever, I have no doubt my immune system is hard at work.

Olena likes this.
  9. goodoutlook

goodoutlook

Sydney, Australia
    I get this, for me it all started when i was taking 1000mg vitamin C (not sure if it was the course), for me it comes and goes only really at night time. its like a vibration or shaking in the chest area, i also note that i get like a flashing in the eyes also, on off on off shuttering. i cant sleep when i have it so to make it go away i get up and have a smoke and go back to sleep, if it dont i cant sleep because it gets worse. i also noted once it acutely affected my arms but i was so tired i cant be sure.

10. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    try taking the usual dose of Magnesium and chlorella (1 gram per 30 minutes before a meal) = every day. Chlorella need to drink for a long time:)

See more popular forum discussions.