• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Infographics archive?

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Would anyone like to help manage the ME infographics Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as posting updates to forums?

I’d rather put my limited energy solely towards designing. If you’re interested let me know - it can be a group project so there can be more than 2 of us.
You've got a lot of good ideas!

I think more people will see your question if you start a new thread with your question. Then you can post a link to this thread so everyone can see what you do.

I wish I could offer my time, but I'm not up to it. I hope you will find others who will help you.

Hajnalka

Unfortunately I need to attend to a couple of issues which mean I can't focus on this project at the moment. However, if anyone is a graphic designer comfortable with vector graphics you're welcome to join in.

If you're willing to help I can send the templates I've designed so far (see image below).

Attachments

• Standard Elements 1.png
    Standard Elements 1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 38

Hajnalka

Hi @JD_Lucas, great work!

The numbers were different for the first graphic, after reanalysis from an independent group per the original protocol it was 4 and 7 per cent (numbers 20 and 21 stem from the pace authors).
index.php

The numbers were different for the first graphic, after reanalysis from an independent group per the original protocol it was 4 and 7 per cent (numbers 20 and 21 stem from the pace authors).

Thanks! Have you got a link to the reanalysis?

Hajnalka

Hi,

If I remember correctly, the PACE team said something about 60% (back to normal, but later claimed they only meant improved?) at a press conference. The PACE authors published (2 years later?) the 22% as recovered. At reanalysis it turned out to be 4 and 7% per the original protocol.

A collection of every link/information: http://me-pedia.org/wiki/PACE_trial

Reanalysis: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/21641846.2017.1259724?journalCode=rftg20

A first full re-analysis was published as 'A preliminary analysis of ‘recovery’ from chronic fatigue syndrome in the PACE trial using individual participant data' and was conducted by Alem Matthees, Tom Kindlon, Carly Maryhew, Philip Stark and Bruce Levin and stated "This re-analysis demonstrates that the previously reported recovery rates were inflated by an average of four-fold.".
http://me-pedia.org/wiki/PACE_trial

I hope this is not too confusing, not doing well at the moment and it's complex to write about in a foreign language. Some graphics from the 2 reanalysis:

DOiUHSbWkAEC3FR.jpg

rftg_a_1259724_f0001_c.jpg

rftg_a_1259724_f0002_c.jpg

gabriella17

Just a note, in case you or anyone else here is interested, somewhere down the road...

I've been wanting to find someone who can do graphics for some ideas I have that would better visually express what it's like to have ME. Nothing I could find really expresses it in such a way that non-ME people can relate. It's not really descriptive enough to say, "imagine having the flu all day, every day." This is just a project I want to work on at some point in the future.

Hi @gabriella17! Yep, I would eventually like to broaden the scope and experiment with ideas other than hard data and numbers. Currently trying to find the right balance so I don't make myself sick - my mind races away with ideas but the body can't keep up. I'll keep you in mind as I develop the project.

Hopefully I'll contact some other graphic designers within the ME community to collaborate with as I progress.

Last edited:

gabriella17

Hi @gabriella17! Yep, I would eventually like to broaden the scope and experiment with ideas other than hard data and numbers. Currently trying to find the right balance so I don't make myself sick - my mind races away with ideas but the body can't keep up. I'll keep you in mind as I develop the project.

Hopefully I'll contact some other graphic designers within the ME community to collaborate with as I progress.
Haha, I'm in the same boat - too many ideas, combined with the desire to advocate = potential for worsening! :rolleyes: