A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Infographics archive?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by JD_Lucas, Nov 5, 2017.

1. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    You've got a lot of good ideas!

I think more people will see your question if you start a new thread with your question. Then you can post a link to this thread so everyone can see what you do.

I wish I could offer my time, but I'm not up to it. I hope you will find others who will help you.

gabriella17, JD_Lucas and Dolphin like this.
  2. MartinDH

MartinDH Senior Member

@JD_Lucas This is great! Maybe you can even licence your graphics to OMF so they can spread it worldwide!

JD_Lucas likes this.
  3. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    ahimsa, JD_Lucas and CFS_for_19_years like this.
  4. JD_Lucas

JD_Lucas

UK
    Unfortunately I need to attend to a couple of issues which mean I can't focus on this project at the moment. However, if anyone is a graphic designer comfortable with vector graphics you're welcome to join in.

If you're willing to help I can send the templates I've designed so far (see image below).

Attached Files:

Joh likes this.
  5. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Hi @JD_Lucas, great work!

The numbers were different for the first graphic, after reanalysis from an independent group per the original protocol it was 4 and 7 per cent (numbers 20 and 21 stem from the pace authors).
    [​IMG]

JD_Lucas likes this.
  6. JD_Lucas

JD_Lucas

UK
    Thanks! Have you got a link to the reanalysis?

7. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Hi,

If I remember correctly, the PACE team said something about 60% (back to normal, but later claimed they only meant improved?) at a press conference. The PACE authors published (2 years later?) the 22% as recovered. At reanalysis it turned out to be 4 and 7% per the original protocol.

A collection of every link/information: http://me-pedia.org/wiki/PACE_trial

Reanalysis: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/21641846.2017.1259724?journalCode=rftg20

A first full re-analysis was published as 'A preliminary analysis of ‘recovery’ from chronic fatigue syndrome in the PACE trial using individual participant data' and was conducted by Alem Matthees, Tom Kindlon, Carly Maryhew, Philip Stark and Bruce Levin and stated "This re-analysis demonstrates that the previously reported recovery rates were inflated by an average of four-fold.".
    http://me-pedia.org/wiki/PACE_trial

I hope this is not too confusing, not doing well at the moment and it's complex to write about in a foreign language. Some graphics from the 2 reanalysis:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JD_Lucas likes this.
  8. JD_Lucas

JD_Lucas

UK
    Thanks for sharing....You've been a fantastic help with all this @Joh!

Joh likes this.
  9. gabriella17

gabriella17 Senior Member

Phoenix, AZ
    Just a note, in case you or anyone else here is interested, somewhere down the road...

I've been wanting to find someone who can do graphics for some ideas I have that would better visually express what it's like to have ME. Nothing I could find really expresses it in such a way that non-ME people can relate. It's not really descriptive enough to say, "imagine having the flu all day, every day." This is just a project I want to work on at some point in the future.

Joh and JD_Lucas like this.
  10. JD_Lucas

JD_Lucas

UK
    Hi @gabriella17! Yep, I would eventually like to broaden the scope and experiment with ideas other than hard data and numbers. Currently trying to find the right balance so I don't make myself sick - my mind races away with ideas but the body can't keep up. I'll keep you in mind as I develop the project.

Hopefully I'll contact some other graphic designers within the ME community to collaborate with as I progress.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 1:22 PM
    gabriella17 and Joh like this.
  11. gabriella17

gabriella17 Senior Member

Phoenix, AZ
    Haha, I'm in the same boat - too many ideas, combined with the desire to advocate = potential for worsening! :rolleyes:

See more popular forum discussions.