1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Influence of graded exercise therapy on anxiety levels and health-related quality of life in CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Bob, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    New small Serbian study (n=26) of GET for CFS.

In a nutshell, there was no significant improvement in physical function. I haven't read the full paper but from the abstract it looks like there was no control group, which means the study doesn't provide robust data.

Influence of graded exercise therapy on anxiety levels and health-related quality of life in chronic fatigue syndrome.
    Klasnja A, Grujic N, Popadic Gacesa J, Barak O, Tomic S, Brkic S.
    The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness 2014 April;54(2):210-5
    http://www.minervamedica.it/en/journals/sports-med-physical-fitness/article.php?cod=R40Y2014N02A0210
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    I'd have to look more carefully at the experimental design, but it seems logical to assume that those who are ABLE to partake of GET are going to be more likely to respond positively. My experience over decades with CFS is that one has to get better first and only then can the graded exercise follow....and once that happens, more rapid improvement is possible.
    Bob likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.