1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Inflammation in Lyme / CFS / FM presentation by Dr Horowitz

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by cigana, Oct 12, 2013.

1. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Lotus97 likes this.
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I watched part of that video so far and we got Dr. Horwitz's book out of the library. Also, the first two Lyme doctors we've looked up both say they studied under him.

One thing I'm wondering is that he said the pain is migratory. But my pain tends to occur in specific areas and it gets worse with more use. I've been trying a collagen protocol and also supplements for inflammation. I'm not really sure what to do. Right now it's worse in my hands, but other times it's been worse in other parts of my body. I've also tried medications for nerve pain and I'm taking the high dose of methylcobalamin. I'd really like to know what's causing the pain. He mentioned low dose Naltrexone (LDN) which I know some of the people on Phoenix Rising have been taking. I think I'm going to try that next because hopefully it will help with inflammation. Besides pain I've been having depression on and off for the past year which I think is from inflammation. I've actually had depression for a lot longer, but it was somewhat under control with my medication until recently.

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I think Lyme and ME/CFS are different illness, albeit with a significant overlap. PEM is not part of Lyme. I think it's most likely that Lyme, like other infections, can lead to ME/CFS. Getting rid of the Lyme might or might not resolve the ME/CFS.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    SOC likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.