Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Inflamed dorsal root ganglion-- spinal disc herniation worsen the symptoms?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by lauluce, Apr 28, 2017.

1. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    This thread is split from Donating our bodies to ME Science.

I've got a question about this... if ME where related to inflammation in these dorsal root ganglion, would it be possible for a a spinal disc herniation to worsen the symptoms of the disease? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
    merylg and xrayspex like this.
  2. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Interesting question!

I'm afraid I cannot go any further than to say it is a theoretical possibility

I am not aware of any ME/CFS post mortems where disc herniation has been reported in addition to dorsal root ganglionitis

CS

ukxmrv, merylg and lauluce like this.
  3. lauluce

argentina
    My ME/CFS clearly worsened after suffering disk herniation, which after nerve conductivity studies proved to be severeley afecting my nerves downwards from the lessons. If you think about it, there's no way to tell what exactly was the damage I suffered at that area besides the herniated disc, other structures in the area could have been affected. Is there a way to study the condition of these root ganglions on a live person?

merylg likes this.
  4. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I think that anything that activates the immune system, which includes physical cell damage, is likely to worsen CFS symptoms.

5. lauluce

argentina
    I think exactly the same, my friend, ANYTHING that produces inflammation worsens ME/CFS. I have poor dental hygiene precisely because I found a little exhausting to wash my teeth properly... anybody has this problem? regarding the spinal issue, I was thinking about buying a device that stretches the spine, that might have some potential to improve the condition of damaged espinal disks , it is this one, sorry that it is in spanish, but in the middle of the video it is shown how it works: what do you thing about a device like this? could it be any good?

See more popular forum discussions.