• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inelastic compression wraps

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I've been looking at the various options for leg compression to help with OI but have never seen any posts here about using inelastic compression wraps. The CircAid brand can be adjusted for variable compression from 20-30, 30-40, or 40-50 mmHg. Calf, thigh, and full leg wraps are available. Prices start at around $80 US for a calf compression wrap. Some brands use velcro, others use hooks. Most of the reviews are very favorable and reviewers say they are much easier to use and more comfortable than compression stockings.

BrightLife has various brands:
www.brightlifedirect.com/compression-alternatives.asp

Has anyone tried this type of compression garment?

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Some of the advantages of the CircAid inelastic compression wraps according to various sites and reviews:
* Adjustable compression rate from 20-30, 30-40, 40-50 mmHg. It includes a small card that allows the wearer to line up guide lines on the card with lines on the garment to determine the pressure. (This card might be difficult to use for people with blurry vision. The lines look quite fine and the adjustment range is small.)
* Easier to put on and adjust, even for people with little strength or dexterity; no need for assistive devices or undesired aerobic workout.
* Dynamic compression - the compression drops by a certain amount when a person is lying down, and increases again when standing or moving. A lower compression when lying down is apparently more comfortable. The drop is specific to each product. The CircAid Juxta-Lite compression drops by 10 mmHg. (See www.circaid.com/help/product-faqs/static_stiffness.php for more information)
* Can be worn 24 hours per day if necessary

The CircAid site has usage info and videos: www.circaid.com/products/juxta-lite/jl_standard.php

I think most of the points above apply to any inelastic compression wrap but the CircAid is the only one I've seen so far that includes a precise way to adjust the compression based on mmHg values.

I've ordered one of the Juxta-lite wraps to try it out. I'll report back when it arrives.