1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Indole 3 carbinol and DIM to treat liver detox phase I/II issues?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by herbqueen, Apr 8, 2010.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen

MY gp recommended Indole 3 carbinol or DIM to treat liver detox issues- anyone familiar with this?
  2. kerrilyn

kerrilyn Senior Member

I haven't heard them in regards with liver specifically but it makes sense. They are recommended if you are estrogen dominant (high ratio of estrogen to progesterone), to help balance estrogen. Hormones process through the liver so I can see how they would be useful.
  3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

yes. I do that. Or did. I am estrogen dominant. It helps with that. I have horrible periods and it's supposed to help with the conversion. It helps the liver convert it to progesterone instead of staying in the high estrogen range.

See more popular forum discussions.