Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Incredible improvements with Helminthic Therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Gyre, Jan 26, 2017.

1. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Well I've just allowed 5 to borrow into my skin, now we wait.

rebar, SB_1108, ScottTriGuy and 4 others like this.
  2. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member

Bristol
    I'm not quite sure if I could get over the gross factor! :nervous:

I'm not convinced these are major subgroups because I've gone through phases of both. I think it's a big clue though and should be taken into account in studies. Eg like the cytokines that were up under 3 years and down after 3 years, but put them in together and they average out. Researchers should be asking about frequency of infection.

Cheesus likes this.
  3. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Do you have anything on standby to kill them if shit goes south? That is my one concern, as I doubt my GP would give me the prescription anti parasitics that are most effective in advance, and I don't want to wait until I feel horrendous to have to explain to him that I purposefully infected myself with a parasite.

@Jenny TipsforME Yes, perhaps you are right! I definitely agree that those features should be larger in the minds of researchers.

4. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I do not, I would have to hope the gp is competent. I figure 5 is fairly small and worth the risk however with my luck it'll fuck my shit up.

5. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    It's not that I distrust my GP's competence - I would get the anti-parasitic I need. Mostly I am dreading my medical records showing that I deliberately infected myself with a parasite. I already struggle for them to take me seriously.

Cipher, antherder, sb4 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

There is a list of anti-helminthic drugs here. You should be able to obtain some of these at the at the reliable online prescription-free pharmacies listed in this post.

The CDC says that albendazole or mebendazole can get rid of hookworms in just 1 to 3 days.

According to this study, albendazole is the better of these two drugs for Necator americanus hookworms.

Cipher, rebar and sb4 like this.
  7. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I totally get this, however the amount our GPs can help us is minimal. So may as well go full retard, I already have 30days deliberate starvation on mine so there's not much further to drop.

8. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    @Hip Thanks for that. I had been looking for Albenza on online pharmacies, but I simply cannot find any that sell any from known pharmaceutical companies. They're all generic brands and I really don't trust them.

@sb4 Haha. I am scraping the bottom of the barrel already, but deliberately infecting myself with parasites is a whole new level, and I am pretty sure I would eradicate any vestiges of hope that I might ever be listened to again by my GP.

sb4 likes this.
  9. Gyre

Gyre

New Zealand
    Hutan, sb4 and Hip like this.
  10. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    I heard about this on the radio - Professor Richard Geary? - last week. I'm in the Christchurch area.

I had been thinking about contacting the researchers to talk about an ME trial. @Gyre, have you spoken to any of those researchers about ME?

11. Gyre

Gyre

New Zealand
    I'm not in contact with these docs myself, but no reason you shouldn't be. Go for it!

Hutan likes this.
  12. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Well it's 2 weeks since I infected myself. After a couple days I had a bit of a cough which is just about disappearing. Today however I have started to feel sick. I'm one of those who doesn't get sick often. It could be just random but I hope it's the worms working.

Any one else experience this?

Hip likes this.
  13. Gyre

Gyre

New Zealand
    It isn't unusual to feel a bit off-colour around that time. You can see the hookworm timeline here.

M

Abha and sb4 like this.
  14. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    This is my concern as well. Assuming that either the smoldering virus model or the hit and run Th1 to Th2 shift model is correct, then this treatment would be further shifting the immune system in the wrong direction for a certain subset

sb4 likes this.
  15. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    Interesting, Chia found that interferon treatments often made patients depressed

16. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    How are things progressing? Have you had any events like the chestburster scene in Alien yet?

sb4 likes this.
  17. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah I have, it scurried off into the neighbours garden so it's their problem now.

The ill feeling only lasted 3/4 days and I didn't feel noticeabley different however overall in the time since taking them I have had a small but significant improvement. This could be a number of things (TUDCA, better light management, better drug managment, CTing my balls) however I think there is a decent chance it's down to the worms, only time will tell.

Come to think of it I did hear a lot of banging and screaming next door...

rebar likes this.
  18. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Thanks for that information.

Keep us updated (on the helminths, not your balls).

sb4 and Joh like this.
  19. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    sb4, Hip and Hutan like this.
  20. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Had lots of gut gurgling for a few days which is unusual but nothing else to report. Improvement since feb has been sustained however im still hesitant to put it down to the worms, the timeline suggest my experience isn't normal. Im at roughly 8week so I should experience a further boost in the next month or so.
    I will probably increase the amount sometime in may.

See more popular forum discussions.