• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Increasing supplements to help with PFD

Hi,

I developed a PFD after using Country Life AD-B12 and since the have spent the last year with considerable pain in scalp and facial muscles.

Gradually increasing supplements. I have very slowly worked up to 100mcgm Folate (Solgar), 1250mcgms M-B12 and 2gms AD-B12. After trying various amounts/combinations I have stuck at this because it makes things bareable. I still have pain first thing in the morning untill these 'kick in' then it eases by midday.

I'm sure I need more Folate but Increasing this makes things worse. Could this be a greater need for potassium OR the need to kept the balance/ratio between the folate and B12's as it is OR starting 'start-up' again?

Would it be feasilble to just double everything?

I'm not really sure where to go from here? Not wanting to make things worse but wanting to heal and maintain healing rather than just keeping symptoms 'at-bay'.

Do you think PFD could ever be corrected enough to stop supplements completely?

Linda